Author Topic: Rattling door  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
Rattling door
« on: 20 July 2018, 12:51 »
So I’ve got back in the GTI today (wife has been driving it to work) and there’s a noticeable rattling coming from the drivers door.  Especially prominent when going over any bumps/potholes.

Guess this is a trip to the stealers? 

Ps: is it normal to only have the felt covering on the visible part of the door bins?  It’s like only 2/3rds of it is covered and one side is just plastic
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Rattling door
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2018, 13:15 »
I've just had the cable from the door handle re attached as it appeared to be catching on my window. Door card off and a simple fix apparently.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2018, 13:29 »
I've just had the cable from the door handle re attached as it appeared to be catching on my window. Door card off and a simple fix apparently.

Mine needed some anti rattle tape on it that the factory forgot to fit :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Tethias

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2018, 16:43 »
Both my drivers door and front passenger door have an annoying rattle to them when driving, not sure if i want to try and fix it myself by removing the door card or give it to VW to do...

Offline Ryanfsr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2018, 17:12 »
Both my door cards rattling also. Cars only a month old aswell! Can't seem to identify exactly where it's coming from though, else i'd try to sort it myself.

Also, another rattle/creak started yesterday that sounds like it's coming deep behind the infotainment. That'll be one for the dealers to sort I reckon! Wouldn't have a clue where to start to try and remove the Discover Nav unit.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2018, 18:42 »
Is that not the soundaktor rattling? Maybe it isn't fixed to the bulkhead properly?

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2018, 21:45 »
Only today my 2017 gti has had a fuel pipe housing cable?! Replaced under warranty for a rattle.

Offline Ulysses31

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2018, 18:39 »
So I’ve got back in the GTI today (wife has been driving it to work) and there’s a noticeable rattling coming from the drivers door.  Especially prominent when going over any bumps/potholes.

Guess this is a trip to the stealers? 

Ps: is it normal to only have the felt covering on the visible part of the door bins?  It’s like only 2/3rds of it is covered and one side is just plastic

My door pockets are like this, which I also thought was weird, as things can still rattle against the unlined part.
White Golf GTI Mk7.5

Offline Ryanfsr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2018, 12:42 »
Is that not the soundaktor rattling? Maybe it isn't fixed to the bulkhead properly?

Had a look around that yesterday. All seemed pretty solid, but tried running with it unplugged to see if it made a difference.... but... still creaking (I say creaking as it sounds more like when you apply pressure to the gloss plastic surround rather than a rattle) - Proper PITA!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2018, 13:00 »
Try the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror. Mine rattled from day one and disappeared if held. Ended up taking the cover apart and refixing it so it clips together properly and the silence is golden  :grin: