Author Topic: golf r shifter arm  (Read 3276 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
golf r shifter arm
« on: 22 March 2018, 11:42 »
Does anyone now the part number of the mk7 golf R shifter arm?

5Q0711046K is the GTI part number - is the R the same?

Thanks

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: golf r shifter arm
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2018, 12:48 »
Unsure why you're asking (and I know this isn't answering your question) , but if you're looking to go down the OEM Short Shifter, it's an Audi TT part that fits and reduces the fore-aft movement of the gearstick.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2018, 13:00 »
The part I fitted to my PP was 8J0711046E, £45 from my local Audi dealer.

You can see the different position of the pin in the above that reduces lever movement. Although the part says 051E, you order 046E so it comes with the part that connects to the selector cable. Quick and easy to fit and really tightens up the feel of the gear change.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2018, 13:07 »
Yeah I have used the same part on my previous golf. It’s the same part number as the mk5 and mk6

Reason I ask I as I’m curious to find out what parts differ between the GTI, clubsport, R and S3

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2018, 13:20 »
I was considering getting the boomba adapter for the shifter, but this seems to adjust the throw by a similar amount. Was it easy enough to install?
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2018, 13:24 »
Yes - just remove the airbox, remove the clip holding the cable onto the pin, loosen the nut and pull off the arm

After refitting reset the cables by putting the lever into the ‘service’ position and taking up the slack on the cable ends that's about it.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2018, 13:49 »
Thats great :) thanks
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2018, 14:28 »
The part I fitted to my PP was 8J0711046E, £45 from my local Audi dealer.

You can see the different position of the pin in the above that reduces lever movement. Although the part says 051E, you order 046E so it comes with the part that connects to the selector cable. Quick and easy to fit and really tightens up the feel of the gear change.

thats the part i used on my mk6. they mustn't have changed it.

The one fitted to my mk7 ends in K, yours is J. wonder what the difference is between J and K?

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 19 April 2018, 14:54 »
I have picked up mine today and plan to fit it tonight. After fitting how do you reset the cables? Thanks

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2018, 14:51 »
Got it fitted last night.  It was an easy enough change, except getting the old arm removed from the spline drive. Such a difference it makes!. I'm very impressed with the feel of shifting now, and would recommend this mod as it's such good value and can be done within about 25 minutes.