Author Topic: Notification of low battery- key fob  (Read 7018 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: Notification of low battery- key fob
« Reply #20 on: 27 March 2018, 20:45 »
2016 PP and I don't have it, as I discovered to my cost a couple of weeks ago :angry:

Oh no, Kalimon, so we keyless 2016 PP's don't have it? Damn, I'm possibly going to have to admit my dealer/VWUK are right. But you didn't spot the 'blinking red light' either then?
No I didn’t spot it.
I keep my key in a faraday bag thingy so I tend to take it out of the bag and stick it straight in my pocket.
I now keep a spare battery in said bag : )   
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 27 March 2018, 21:17 »
2016 PP and I don't have it, as I discovered to my cost a couple of weeks ago :angry:

Oh no, Kalimon, so we keyless 2016 PP's don't have it? Damn, I'm possibly going to have to admit my dealer/VWUK are right. But you didn't spot the 'blinking red light' either then?
No I didn’t spot it.
I keep my key in a faraday bag thingy so I tend to take it out of the bag and stick it straight in my pocket.

My point exactly Kalimon, we don't need to have our key out as such so not going to spot the blinking light.
I have a spare batteries now, one in my purse and one in the car... will probably still be caught out though as first time it happened I was locked out the car and didn't have my purse with me.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 27 March 2018, 21:44 »
Wonder if the warning can be coded in with vcds?

You would think.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #23 on: 27 March 2018, 22:17 »

No I didn’t spot it.

My point exactly Kalimon, we don't need to have our key out as such so not going to spot the blinking light.
I have a spare batteries now, one in my purse and one in the car... will probably still be caught out though as first time it happened I was locked out the car and didn't have my purse with me.
I didn’t realise that the key fob blinked before I read this thread so I’m almost certainly going to be caught out again.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 27 March 2018, 22:38 »
My wife's 2016 keyless GTI has it.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline random_nickname

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 28 March 2018, 16:56 »
2014 keyless and I DO get the on screen notification as well. Why would they change an already simple notification? It's not like it costs anything?
| GOLF MK7 GTI | PP | DSG | KEYLESS | DYNAUDIO | SUNROOF | 3DR | WHITE |

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 13 April 2018, 19:57 »
phone call today from VWUK  'Customer Excellence' ...'advice from technical is that no warning is given on the fob or on the instrument panel if the battery is low......some models in the group have this but not yours.....but as you have it booked in I would still take it to you local dealer for investigation and Ill speak to you after'.
I'm starting to think a batch of cars somehow haven't got this enabled, I would have been more positive it was a fault on mine except for Kalimon who had experienced no warning as well.
So, no further forward and I guess it's only a niggling thing but what is spurring me on to keep pushing them is the differing answers I have had from VWUK.

Offline Spud122

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 13 April 2018, 21:01 »
MY2016 GTI PP (May 2016) with Keyless and it gives warning on dash.
Had to change battery just 2 weeks ago.

Stewart

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 13 April 2018, 21:16 »
My 2017 R keyless has just given me the warning.

Can you scan it with VCDS as I've seen it in there throwing an error message.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 14 April 2018, 08:54 »
Mt battery needed changing and I had no warning, gti pp late 2015.
gti pp manual white 5 door