Author Topic: VW performance Golf seats  (Read 4967 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: VW performance Golf seats
« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2018, 16:37 »
Ah, so not such a stupid question then ?  :laugh:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2018, 17:20 »
Always annoyed me that VW didn't make more of an effort with the GTI/R seats tbh. In fact I think they were nicer in the MK5/6 with the integrated headrests - at least they looked a bit more special. Extending seat base / thigh support would be nice, loads of similar cars have it.

My biggest bugbear with them was that even at their lowest setting the seat still felt too high. And I'm a bit of a short arse so I can only imagine what its like for a 6+ footer.

Especially if you are built like me, 29-30" leg and 6'2" so really long body.

I'm the other way round with 34" leg. The best seats I've ever had were the Recaros in my RS Turbo with pull out squabs. In fact, I bought a pair of these seats a few years back to make office chairs from.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 17 January 2018, 12:25 »
Always annoyed me that VW didn't make more of an effort with the GTI/R seats tbh. In fact I think they were nicer in the MK5/6 with the integrated headrests - at least they looked a bit more special. Extending seat base / thigh support would be nice, loads of similar cars have it.

My biggest bugbear with them was that even at their lowest setting the seat still felt too high. And I'm a bit of a short arse so I can only imagine what its like for a 6+ footer.

Especially if you are built like me, 29-30" leg and 6'2" so really long body.

I'm the other way round with 34" leg. The best seats I've ever had were the Recaros in my RS Turbo with pull out squabs. In fact, I bought a pair of these seats a few years back to make office chairs from.

The main problem I have is not being able to fit in a car with a sunroof.

I made a pair of seats to use at home out of an Audi S8, connected them through a power converter so that they would recline. I used to keep falling asleep in it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 January 2018, 09:22 »
I'm shortish with short legs and I have my seat as high as it goes. Low down seats I hate because I can't see over the dash then!

Agreed, why anybody wants to sit on the floor is beyond me.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 20 January 2018, 14:07 »
I'm shortish with short legs and I have my seat as high as it goes. Low down seats I hate because I can't see over the dash then!

Depends on the size of the person. Short ar4e = high seat, taller gentleman usually means lower and further back.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 20 January 2018, 14:57 »
Well I’m a relative short arse and I hate sitting up high. Always had the Gti/R seat at lowest setting and it still felt too high for me.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 20 January 2018, 15:08 »
Well I’m a relative short arse and I hate sitting up high. Always had the Gti/R seat at lowest setting and it still felt too high for me.

Same here, apart from the short arse bit, I'm average height but I've always liked sitting low in a car. Probably some fancy psychological reason for it but I just prefer it.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 20 January 2018, 15:48 »
Lowest setting for me also. 5ft 9 so not massive but feels more comfortable and natural to be sitting low for me.
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 20 January 2018, 18:35 »
The seats in the Gold are some of the worst I've had in a car in years. I'm not saying they are uncomfortable but they are far from the best. I'm 6'2" and could do with the extra support.

The side bolsters are made of the cheapest cr@pest material I've seen in a car as well. It's not like they don't make great seats like in the CC which were fantastic.

I'm with you on this, the bolsters seem really flimsy. I thought the Golf seats would be a step up from my Octy vRS, but it seems not. It's only the jacara fabric that gives them any sense of occasion.

I like an upright driving position, unless I put the seat base in its lowest position I feel like my head is in the roof. Ideally i'd like the seats to go a little lower than they do. I may be misremembering, but i'm sure the seats in my Mk5 GT TDI went lower than those in my Mk7. :undecided:
« Last Edit: 20 January 2018, 18:38 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD