Author Topic: OBD eleven post ....sorry  (Read 9158 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
OBD eleven post ....sorry
« on: 13 January 2018, 12:22 »
So it came today i didnt get the pro pack as really wanted to do basic stuff soundaktor etc

Can anyone point me in the right direction how to start i have scanned the car so thats done  :smiley:

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: OBD eleven post ....sorry
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2018, 12:24 »

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2018, 12:25 »
And just so u know i did NOT select that profile pic  :rolleyes:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2018, 12:29 »
First thing I’d do is click on the “Get Pro” button.  Sorry, I’ll get me coat.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 13 January 2018, 12:31 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2018, 12:35 »
From memory you need to load your car in to the garage by entering the VIN.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2018, 12:43 »
First thing I’d do is click on the “Get Pro” button.  Sorry, I’ll get me coat.  :laugh:

Im considering it but do i need it i want to turn down the sounaktor adjust the lights at rear thats about all x

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2018, 12:46 »

Im considering it but do i need it i want to turn down the sounaktor adjust the lights at rear thats about all x

I don’t know if you need it Jeni, but, from experience, myself and seeing others, you start with a couple of things and almost inevitably fancy doing more.  It gives you the option if that transpires to be the case.  Maybe that won’t be but you’ll be bucking a big trend if it isn’t.  :laugh:

I can’t quite remember the next stage you need to do but I think it’s as said above, click on the 3 list nes in the top left to access the menu and ‘garage’ and you need to set your car up by entering the VIN.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2018, 12:47 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2018, 12:47 »

I don’t know if you need it Jeni, but, from experience, myself and seeing others, you start with a couple of things and almost inevitably fancy doing more.  It gives you the option if that transpires to be the case.  Maybe that won’t be but you’ll be bucking a big trend if it isn’t.  :laugh:

Have to be honest i am a bit of a gadget fiend ....i may just get it but can u do the above without it ? Says i have 13 credits but f where i dont know 😁

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2018, 12:49 »

Have to be honest i am a bit of a gadget fiend ....i may just get it but can u do the above without it ? Says i have 13 credits but f where i dont know 😁

Apart from one app change, I’ve used pro long coding for all my adaptations so haven’t really looked at what can be done through the apps, but you’ll be able to see what’s available once you’ve set up the car and go into the apps.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2018, 13:42 »
Jenni, tap on the 3 lines, then tap car and then tap on apps and it will give you a list of apps.

I'll put my hand up and bet you £5 to a charity of your choice that you will end up buying the pro code.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2018, 13:43 by I wanted a GTi »
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17