Author Topic: Horney's trying sensible again. Abominable Snowman content.  (Read 16159 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
I recently decided that as much as I love the Civic TypeR (and I really have, best standard road car I've ever owned) I really needed something a bit better on juice and was capable of towing the MX5 on a trailer to race meets etc. I spent weeks researching different options and looked a 3 series touring, passat estates, Freelanders etc etc. The Yeti was mentioned by someone somewhere but I don't remember who. Went to see a few and settled on this one.

Untitled by Nicholas Horne, on Flickr

2009 2.0TDI (140bhp) 4x4 in Elegance spec. Options added when new include Park Assist and Panoramic Roof. 49,000 miles and full Skoda history.

Let the jokes commence. :)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Old Man Horne ...................................  :grin:

Joking aside, for what you need it for it will be ideal, just dont forget your not in the Civic when at the traffic light GP !!!  :whistle:

PS must be skoda time of the year, currently investigating VRs occies as a toy  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
Well impressed with the dealer and the quality of these later Skoda products. Bloody hold their value though. £12K for a 6 year old Skoda!!!!!!!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
S'now jokes here  :laugh:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Well impressed with the dealer and the quality of these later Skoda products. Bloody hold their value though. £12K for a 6 year old Skoda!!!!!!!
that's mk6 gti money  :shocked: but prob better for what you need

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
So it is! Same money for similar age and mileage. I wonder how close they were on price when new? I have a feeling the Yeti was more expensive.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
So it is! Same money for similar age and mileage. I wonder how close they were on price when new? I have a feeling the Yeti was more expensive.
probably about the same again  :smiley: drove a few yetis now drove a similar 1 to yours the other day great to drive  :smiley:  it was the adventure I drove the other day

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
I actually really like the look of these. I have absolutely no need for one but they seem to float my boat.

I am also getting old...  :laugh:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
That's a really nice spec. Xenons too  :cool:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
Don't tell anyone but they handle nearly as well as a Mk6 GTI and are more practical and capable.
Don't they have hill ascent/decent control with the Haldex?
Interior reminds me of a Touran for some reason  :wink:

Boring as fek to look at mind  :tongue:

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.