Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2775149 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9050 on: 12 December 2018, 19:07 »
It was an anonymous hit, a Mr Nobody...
spoken to a few dent removal people and the response was ‘ah... it’s s golf... wheel arch, double skinned them, difficult...’ etc etc
One guy has had a go for nil fee as he couldn’t make perfect.
It’s the same side as the wheel I kerbed the other week, going to great lengths to approach the car from the other side!

That's a real shame Pixwix. Mine has a small ding right on the line running below the rear side window courtesy of another Mr or Ms Idiot, it's very minor in that it has just chipped the clear coat and I'm not 100% sure it is dented. Yet every time I see it it it gets me so annoyed so I feel your pain :cry:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #9051 on: 15 December 2018, 11:38 »
Replaced the key fob battery at home. 5.5years on the same battery, not bad!! CR2025 if anyone interested is the battery size  :cool:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9052 on: 15 December 2018, 22:19 »
Replaced the key fob battery at home. 5.5years on the same battery, not bad!! CR2025 if anyone interested is the battery size  :cool:

I need to do mine. My missus took my main set of keys to work with her the other day and I couldn't get in the car because the spare set was dead. Good job I wasn't working that day.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9053 on: 15 December 2018, 23:27 »

I need to do mine. My missus took my main set of keys to work with her the other day and I couldn't get in the car because the spare set was dead. Good job I wasn't working that day.

You can still unlock the car manually. The end part of the door handle (short but) is just a plastic cap that you can flick off with the key blade (there’s a notch on the underside for that purpose) and then insert key to unlock/lock - old skool style.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9054 on: 16 December 2018, 09:58 »
After the failed attempt to fit the carbon mirrors, I have now returned them and thinking of going for the OEM gloss black ones

Got some new plates fitted though - aluminium pressed. Look so much better than the dealer screwed on plates.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9055 on: 16 December 2018, 11:29 »
Just spent a bit of time this morning fixing a couple of rattles, turns out the side panels of the dash have been off at some point ( found a taped up black single wire and a cable tie) as one of the clips had fell out and was lodged between the dash support bracket and the cubby hole causing an annoying buzzing which I thought was in the door panel by the mirror switch area.
Passenger side was similar only that the panel wasn’t fitted correctly, also adjusted the glovebox closure and tightened the ratchet clip under the passenger seat that holds the wiring harness, quick road test and all quiet now  :smiley:

Just need to get around to having front tyres fitted (down to 3.5mm ) as the road noise is starting to annoy, there’s only so much volume I can add to the radio :grin:
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9056 on: 16 December 2018, 16:29 »
After the failed attempt to fit the carbon mirrors, I have now returned them and thinking of going for the OEM gloss black ones

Got some new plates fitted though - aluminium pressed. Look so much better than the dealer screwed on plates.

Looks really Nice.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline MrJollygood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9057 on: 16 December 2018, 22:17 »
Plates look cool - do you have a link for them?

Greig
2013 Golf GTI (PP) Tornado Red
1959 Triumph TR3A
2014 Porsche Cayman S

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9058 on: 16 December 2018, 22:43 »
Thanks. Really impressed with them.

https://pressednumberplates.co.uk/product-category/number-plates-accessories/

Don’t be put off by their website as it’s a bit old school.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9059 on: 17 December 2018, 00:19 »

You can still unlock the car manually. The end part of the door handle (short but) is just a plastic cap that you can flick off with the key blade (there’s a notch on the underside for that purpose) and then insert key to unlock/lock - old skool style.

Didn't know this, how do you get round the push button start?