Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2775598 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7990 on: 18 January 2018, 12:12 »
As said the cost of running aircon all year is negligible.  As mentioned above, if you go into your CAR menu, one of the scroll screens shows just what each system is using if you need to know.

Ok Ok i am converted i shall run with it - i just need to work out the coding to turn that off after so many minutes VWJAP any ideas :)

Coding to turn the aircon off?  Perhaps I’m misunderstanding you, but most of us here are suggesting you don’t turn it off, but run aircon all the time for all the reasons given.  Or are you talking about turning something else off?

i am confusing myself Rebecca doesnt take much i can assure you

I want to set the coding for the rear demister time can i assume leaving the heating on auto all the time i wont need to adjust this ? its the same with the seat heating you can code it to turn off after so long i tried it but it doesnt appear to work :/

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7991 on: 18 January 2018, 12:48 »
As said the cost of running aircon all year is negligible.  As mentioned above, if you go into your CAR menu, one of the scroll screens shows just what each system is using if you need to know.

Ok Ok i am converted i shall run with it - i just need to work out the coding to turn that off after so many minutes VWJAP any ideas :)

Coding to turn the aircon off?  Perhaps I’m misunderstanding you, but most of us here are suggesting you don’t turn it off, but run aircon all the time for all the reasons given.  Or are you talking about turning something else off?

I want to set the coding for the rear demister time can i assume leaving the heating on auto all the time i wont need to adjust this ? its the same with the seat heating you can code it to turn off after so long i tried it but it doesnt appear to work :/

I don’t know Jeni, it’s not something I’ve ever had a desire to do, as I’m quite happy to stretch my arm out and switch seat heaters/demisters off, manually lol, so I’ve not investigated it.  Someone else may have info.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7992 on: 18 January 2018, 12:52 »

I don’t know Jeni, it’s not something I’ve ever had a desire to do, as I’m quite happy to stretch my arm out and switch seat heaters/demisters off, manually lol, so I’ve not investigated it.  Someone else may have info.

Its not for me its for my son he puts it on and doesnt switch it off and i dont realise til i get to work lol im just being lazy

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7993 on: 18 January 2018, 13:06 »

Its not for me its for my son he puts it on and doesnt switch it off and i dont realise til i get to work lol im just being lazy

Lol.  Have you searched on the obdeleven pro boards?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7994 on: 18 January 2018, 13:11 »
Rear demister will auto shut down anyway after a few minutes. Other option is to tell your son not to touch the rear demister switch or he'll be walking everywhere  :whistle:
Must say I've only used the rear demister once since buying the car.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7995 on: 18 January 2018, 13:51 »
Front/rear screen and mirror electrical heater shuts down after something like 10 minutes anyway - unless you've tweaked that too!

If your son keeps pressing all the damned buttons, make him wear boxing gloves while in the car :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7996 on: 18 January 2018, 14:02 »
Rear window shuts down when it gets to a set temperature (35) on the newer cars, haven’t seen any timing in the new central electronics module, just temp

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7997 on: 18 January 2018, 14:09 »
Think this is it

Abschalttemperatur fuer Heckscheibenheizung:
                35.0 °C

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7998 on: 18 January 2018, 16:24 »
Front/rear screen and mirror electrical heater shuts down after something like 10 minutes anyway - unless you've tweaked that too!

If your son keeps pressing all the damned buttons, make him wear boxing gloves while in the car :D

Its the beated seat he fiddles with ...trust me hes not in it that often none of them are they get to go in the 'other' car 😂

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7999 on: 19 January 2018, 15:36 »

Whooohooo job 1 has arrived 😁