Author Topic: what happend to p11jon  (Read 23309 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: what happend to p11jon
« Reply #90 on: 12 May 2012, 12:38 »
I understood his point  :grin:

My point being was if you don't have to say "but" why the f**k would you buy a Golf in the first place it's an R32 not a Aston

I get an average of 50mpg & proud of it, actually have hit 65mpg when driving to work  :grin:

When I had mine i didnt really worry too much about the petrol costs... The difference between an R32 and a Aston are massive. There is an inbetween. I think thats the point you may be missing.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #91 on: 12 May 2012, 12:43 »
Oh dear, R32UK.  You haven't come across dear Brad's 'real world' before, have you?

In Brad's 'real world' whatever Brad says is faster.

In Brad's mind, which is where Brad's 'real world' exists.

It's a convenient construct that allows Brad to continue to argue black is white in total ignorance of any inconvenient facts.

You are unable to win this argument because anything you say will be countered by 'ah but in the real world...'

I have encountered Bradley a few times previously.... but hey, we cant give up on the kids. They can only remain in the playground for so long  :cool:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 12 May 2012, 14:59 »
I've driven a MK5 GTI and an R32.

GTI "feels" fast IMO, it's not if you time it but just because the turbo boost feels fast.

The R32 is more luxury and lazy "do I have to do this" but while actually getting to 60 etc very fast.

You could say that the R32 is heavier and if you kept the GTI on boost well round corners then you could think it's faster I'd agree because it feels more "yobbish" but I'm definately sure the R32 would do it much quicker.

It's hard to describe. The GTI is quick and feels very quick throwing it about but that's because the R32 is so refined and luxury IMO.

GTI is much more boy racer to me then the R32 and the R32 is a lovely car to drive, reminds me of the M5. Neither FELT as fast as I'd thought, until you looked at the speedo.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 12 May 2012, 15:54 »
I understood his point  :grin:

My point being was if you don't have to say "but" why the f**k would you buy a Golf in the first place it's an R32 not a Aston

I get an average of 50mpg & proud of it, actually have hit 65mpg when driving to work  :grin:

When I had mine i didnt really worry too much about the petrol costs... The difference between an R32 and a Aston are massive. There is an inbetween. I think thats the point you may be missing.

Not missed it, was just using an extreme example

Suppose it all depends what sort mileage your doing I've managed to knock up 4000 miles in 2 months on my Rocco so fuel costs are a factor plus prefer spending money on beer than fuel  :cool:

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 12 May 2012, 20:47 »

Suppose it all depends what sort mileage your doing I've managed to knock up 4000 miles in 2 months on my Rocco so fuel costs are a factor plus prefer spending money on beer, hookers and drugs than fuel  :cool:

No just beer lol hookers are overrated & had my fill of the other eventually lol