Author Topic: Potential new Golf GTI 7.5 PP ( coming from a VWR32 mark 4 )  (Read 10073 times)

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
Afternoon all

Just a quick hello coming from owning a VWR32 (2003 mark 4) for that last 14 years now coming upto 90,000miles im after a mark 7.5 3 door manual performance pack! Not sure about the current availability of GTI's performance pack wise ? have been browsing VW's site but not many about.

I have recently done a price check on a brand new car on the config site which came in at @ £33,000 all I really want as extras are
1. 19" Brascia wheels
2. sat nav ( standard )
3. dynaudio
4. manual transmission ( not keen on DSG )

not really fussed about  other items to add on, are VW accepting to bringing a quote down from £33,000 ? also are wait times from proceeding with an order within 3 months, have read on here from various posts things have been speeding up post WLTP?

I think the GTI 7.5 looks great with the 19" wheels not really keen on the "R" as Io don't think it looks aggressive enough but that's my opinion?

thanks again

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Potential new Golf GTI 7.5 PP ( coming from a VWR32 mark 4 )
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2019, 16:35 »
Welcome  :smiley:

Order from here (or use their quotation to beat down your local dealer), and you'll get approx £5.5k discount;-

https://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/VOLKSWAGEN/GOLF%20HATCHBACK/index.html
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 09 January 2019, 16:35 »
Welcome!

What a fantastic car you’ve been driving all these years. A modern classic and something pretty special by VW standards of the time (maybe of all time?)

I can see why you think the R is too toned down compared to how striking the original R32 was back in its day.
The only thing that would compare to the R32 in the current generation would have been a manual Clubsport with optional buckets.
Would a Golf TCR not be worth you waiting for?

A GTI PP 245 is a fantastic package. Looks great, superb handling, excellent economy and goes well.
They’re so well equipped now that you barely have to dip into the extras pot. 

Once past WLTP supply will improve but VW are notorious for long lead times. You may be lucky if you’re patient and persistent by contacting loads of dealers to find an “in stock” car with a short wait in an agreeable spec. If it doesn’t have Dynaudio you can add a dealer supplied Helix sub for sensible money as a reasonable compromise.
You can get decent discounts on GTI’s without having to try really hard.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 09 January 2019, 16:52 »
Thanks for the replies everyone

I am aware of the TCR announcement but to be honest its a bit more more than I can afford and I really like the look of the PP GTI in Black as I think its a good all rounder for my use as it will be replacing my R32 which I know I will miss soon. I have enjoyed the R32, despite it being a solid car which I have enjoyed thoroughly, I know the GTI has a higher torque output and potential of being increased via stage 1as well.

I will drop into my local dealer and check availability of what Im after and see what they can do but wont hold my breath! but will check the link posted above as well

many thanks for the advice

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4 on: 09 January 2019, 17:31 »
Welcome to the forum!
I think the car you are looking at, spec wise, is nigh on perfect.
The GTI looks awesome in black. Dynaudio is also well worth the money.
I have a manual gearbox but sometimes wish I had a DSG  :undecided:
Having said all that, I'd personally try and get hold of a Clubsport :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 09 January 2019, 19:37 »
Worth mentioning- dealers have loads of stock atm brand new WLTP GTI PP's

Loads of people cancelled orders because of the waiting times and the cars are all turning up at the dealers. Call round and ask about stock cars and the specs. You can still use the carwow discount applied to a stock car and only wait 1 week for collection  :grin:
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2019, 19:51 »
Worth mentioning- dealers have loads of stock atm brand new WLTP GTI PP's

Loads of people cancelled orders because of the waiting times and the cars are all turning up at the dealers. Call round and ask about stock cars and the specs. You can still use the carwow discount applied to a stock car and only wait 1 week for collection  :grin:

My thoughts exactly.
Bugger waiting months for a factory build unless you desperately want certain options.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #7 on: 09 January 2019, 20:25 »
That seems expensive for the PP, I got my R for a few k less  :undecided:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 09 January 2019, 21:51 »
Thanks everyone your advice and knowledge is of great value. I did think about the club sport but to be honest paying over the £30k just isn't what I can do still a great car though.

My R32 is getting old and really need to change it. Just had it back from a service and the steering isn't 100% straight  (steering wheel slightly to the left).Don't want to keep throwing away cash when I can spend that on fuel looking at other cars.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 09 January 2019, 21:54 »
Ordered mine yesterday

GTI PP DSG, Isaac Blue metallic, Dynaudio, 19 inch Brescias.  Didn't need any other options as it's loaded as standard.  The  MY19 model now includes Virtual Cockpit, Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Dynamic LED Curve lighting and reversing camera as standard, all of which were options last year I believe.  You might want to check that out if buying up existing stock too, as they could be MY18 models with older spec.

List price came out at around £34k, I haggled down to just over £28k so you can get some pretty good discounts if you try.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.