Author Topic: Soon-to-be GTI Owner  (Read 1611 times)

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Soon-to-be GTI Owner
« on: 22 February 2017, 18:04 »
Hello all,

I have been lurking around here for the past couple of weeks trying to gain as much info on the facelift GTI as possible. I'm very close to closing a deal so I should have some pictures of it within 16 weeks :grin:

Thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum, I have been driving a Corsa VXR for the last 5 years and their owners forum has been an invaluable source of information throughout the good and not so good times with the car. Unfortunately I can't pull off the boy racer look anymore and I have decided on a GTI to be my slightly more grown up car so I will be frequenting this forum for all the little tips, tricks and modding advice to suit my tinkering needs.

See you around,

Matt

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
Re: Soon-to-be GTI Owner
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2017, 18:30 »
Welcome Matt  :smiley:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2017, 18:53 »
Welcome Matt..

There's lots of useful info on this forum as well as knowledgable people to help you.

So what spec you looking at...?

Look forward to the pics. :smiley:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2017, 21:44 »
Thanks guys,

I have already bookmarked some good threads about dash cams and the jacking point mod.

I'm only adding dynaudio, Brescia alloys, reversing camera, Pure White paint and 90% tints. If I could afford the extra I would have gone for the DCC dampers to accompany the 19 inchers but I'm at the top end of my budget. I'm quite surprised with the standard spec on the facelift, you do get quite a lot for your cash!

I'll upload pics as soon as I take delivery, I am meeting with my dealer tomorrow to put the order through :)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2017, 21:49 »
Yeh the spec on the 7/7.5 is really good.

I was surprised myself when I found out that what I specced on the MK6 is now std on the 7 & 7.5...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2017, 21:57 »
I'm just looking forward to the Active Info Display and I hope it's worth the wait. I've gone for the DSG too and I see you've got a DSG GTD, is the DSG worth it?

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2017, 22:25 »
I love the DSG. Around town it's stuck in D for the easy life but when the roads open up on the motorways it's sport and paddles.

The 7 has the electronic handbrake so that's something new to get used to.

I'm looking forward to Dynaudio too as I don't have this and being back in a keyless car will be good too.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2017, 22:50 »
It's a shame the 3 door aren't keyless but you're getting me excited to order now  :laugh: