Author Topic: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R  (Read 20939 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R
« Reply #90 on: 05 March 2009, 20:59 »
thanks Jules , sounds like you know your stuff. How much would a super charger be or the ecu remap? and what bhp and fuel results would I get ?

Depends how well you want to do it? When you start adding clutches, LSD, brakes etc you can be looking at about £6-10k. A 2nd hand charger will save you a few grand.

You can expect around 300bhp.

Your best bet is to get one already done!

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/846801.htm

As Ivor said though a type-r forum will be your best bet for more info. Im on civictype-r.co.uk as jules86  :wink:

Or get a MK5 GTI  :wink:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Jkctr

« Reply #91 on: 05 March 2009, 21:04 »
You will need an ED30 with 330BHP to keep up with a ctr with 300bhp as the bhp/ton would then be identical.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #92 on: 05 March 2009, 21:08 »
You will need an ED30 with 330BHP to keep up with a ctr with 300bhp as the bhp/ton would then be identical.

Or as you would say just buy a subaru or evo  :wink:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #93 on: 05 March 2009, 21:28 »

What about gearing & drag coefficients??
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #94 on: 05 March 2009, 21:30 »
this thread still going  :huh:

Jkctr

« Reply #95 on: 05 March 2009, 22:22 »

What about gearing & drag coefficients??
.....and the driver, weather, tyre pressure, tyre tread, amount of fuel in the tank, which was most recently serviced, temperature, altitude, fuel ron etc etc

Lots of variables, the only definitive example would be which has more power, as it then would be much more probable to win over the lesser powered car.

Or as you would say just buy a subaru or evo  :wink:

Yeah buying a fast car out the box would be a much better choice. If i want to get from a-b as quickly as i can without losing the roof and body panels (i.e. ariel atom) i will buy an evo, not a modified hatch that was originally built to get to the shops and back while having a bit of fun.

A rhetorical question, no? Even if it wasnt you posting would bump it and therefore it would still be going  :laugh: Its like sending the terminator back, but if they didnt there would never have been a terminator so technically its never been built for the future to send it back as the future has not yet happened for it to travel back   :laugh: :lipsrsealed: :sick: :undecided:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #96 on: 05 March 2009, 22:25 »

A rhetorical question, no? Even if it wasnt you posting would bump it and therefore it would still be going  :laugh: Its like sending the terminator back, but if they didnt there would never have been a terminator so technically its never been built for the future to send it back as the future has not yet happened for it to travel back   :laugh: :lipsrsealed: :sick: :undecided:

yebut i got the power to lock it

this debate has been done to death

DERV wins

VTECH sucks

Golf FTW

Good night