Author Topic: Glaze and wax etc  (Read 1100 times)

Offline zoomered

• GTI forum regular
Glaze and wax etc
« on: 17 April 2011, 20:39 »
Hi, Im a Spray Painter to trade but am a bit out of touch with products..

I Have my machine polisher and Farecla Compounds but could do with a bit of advise as to where to go from there for a nice swirl free finish.. What glaze and final wax are people using for the best easiest finish. Its for a Mk5 Gti Laser Blue. Thanks

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Glaze and wax etc
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2011, 01:03 »
Hi
finish down with a nice finishing compound which should give you a swirl free finish, i personally use britemax blackmax glaze but there are other good ones to consider, poorboys blackhole, chemical guys ez creme glaze.

wax: depends on your budget really,

for durabilty collinite 845,476,915, fk1000p very durable and great on wheels too but needs very good prep before hand to make application and removel easier.
dodojuice waxes are very easy to use and give a very glossy finish and are perfect for summer waxes, Supernatural being my favourite along side Purple haze pro and Bluevelvet pro, the Supernatural hybrid will be out soon and looks like another performer from the dodo factory.
megs#16 is a fantastic wax for the money and very economical in use, good durability and leaves a nice finish.

theres plenty to choose from in all budget ranges.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: Glaze and wax etc
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2011, 08:17 »
I can vouch for Supernatural , its awsome wax use it all the time  :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf