Author Topic: HELP NEEDED!! MK4 GOLF GTI IS SLUGGISH  (Read 2051 times)

Offline turbo

• Just got here
HELP NEEDED!! MK4 GOLF GTI IS SLUGGISH
« on: 12 July 2016, 04:08 »
My MK4 golf 1.8 turbo has started to play up, its going to be hard to explain to bare with me but every now and again its like there is no power when i put my foot down, kinda like running out of petrol but that is obveously not the problem i am experiencing. i can take my foot of the accelerator and then push down again and the power comes back?? Sometimes the engine light keeps turning on and off proposing there is a leak on the pressure pipes, we have checked and that is also not the problem. I like to fix my own cars insted of going to the garage for many mixed reasons! only when the M.O.T is ready etc. any help / info would be great.

Thanks 

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: HELP NEEDED!! MK4 GOLF GTI IS SLUGGISH
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2016, 09:01 »
Swapped the n75 valve out for another?
Checked all the vac lines for splits?
When its on tickover and revd does it do the same?

Offline turbo

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2016, 09:20 »
I haven't tried swapping the valves on the turbo but this actually makes a lot of sense ( random power loss )
I don't have any splits in my pipes unless there pin holes they are looking pretty fresh tbh
And i have just tried high revs while ticking over, it revs to maximum but don't sound right like its lacking something. I am hoping it's not my turbo hence my name iv'e got a bad feeling.
I am going to swap my valves over and get back to you

Thanks Lemski 

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2016, 09:39 »
Haha. Its worth a try it opens the actuator up on the turbo so if its not working properly thats possible.

Vac pipes tend to split over time. I changed all my to silicone,gets rid of any problems.

Might be the fuel pressure reg on the rail aswell but id have thought it would splutter more than anything else

Offline turbo

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2016, 04:09 »
It's definitely not spluttering, I have been speaking to a few other's and they are saying the same as you. I am going to order a new n75 valve and get it fitted. Do you know country wide store where they have silicone vac pipes for sale? or maybe a website i can order them off?

check them out are they what i am looking for?

Thanks Lemski   
« Last Edit: 13 July 2016, 07:27 by turbo »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2016, 21:24 »
Thats the stuff. If you search for boost junkies on eBay they do kits for 25pound I think auq engine it says but youll have all the right sizes you need then.

Offline turbo

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2016, 05:14 »
I have just searched ebay and it came up with induction kits and UNIVERSAL BOOST-TEE MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER RACING TURBO KITS Fit All Cars i don't think this is what i am looking for can you send me a direct link please?

Thanks boss

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2016, 10:08 »
I cant seem to find the item number.
Sellers name is boostjunkiesonline.
As soon as thats put in the search it brings up silicone kits. Ill keep looking for item number though

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2016, 10:08 »