Author Topic: Maf problems  (Read 1514 times)

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
Maf problems
« on: 06 July 2016, 20:34 »
Hi all. Its been sometime. Hows everyone? I need some help. I was cleaning my maf and i then managed to brake it. Anyway if i connect it and when the car boosts i get a violent boost cut. So i fitted a "working one" and now the car starts then cuts out (keeps repeating) if i disconnect it and then start the it runs no prob but just runs abit rought every now again but dont cut out. So i just ordered another 1 and its doing the same (car starts then cuts out straight away)
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
Re: Maf problems
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2016, 08:35 »
do you have a fault code reader?
you might need to clear the fault manually, it should have sorted itself out but not always
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2016, 11:07 »
Done that plenty of times mate. I bought another 1 and same fault. If i put the original 1 back on the car runs fine i just get a violent boost cuts.
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2016, 12:35 »
Have you checked the connector plug itself? check nothing is broken and check the wiring
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2016, 22:10 »
I just got another 1 and i checked it and its still doing the same. I gota feeling that its the wiring. How can i check the wiring and the connector mate?
*****MK4 GTI T*****