Author Topic: Urgent!!!!! [All fixed now]  (Read 3240 times)

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
Re: Urgent!!!!! [All fixed now]
« Reply #20 on: 14 November 2011, 19:56 »
glad you got it sorted, and in reply to your previous question about driving clutchless..

obviously you cant just slam it in first as it with fook the gear box ect. so what i did was turn the engine off, put it in first, turn the engine over(takes a few seconds with it being in gear ect.) then drive as normal, then once you get to about 2.5k revs -3k revs just smothly change from first to second ect. i wasnt going for was wasnt botherd, wouldnt do it for more than a 10 or 15 min journey though, however you cant change down so if you see trafic up ahead come off extra early and hope it clears, if you have to stop then engine off back into first and start the whole process over.

it proberbly isnt the healthyest thing for the gear box but hey ho, i was only going about 200-300 metres then leaving the car at my cousines garage untill i had the parts. right bastard though, was there before he was so was just going to leave it in the car park, freshly laid snow about 4" deep, wheels started spinning streight away, had to turn engine off and start again trying to get the car to go, didnt work, ended up draining my battery  :lipsrsealed:
which then blocked the enterance for a few of the other lads that work there, 8 people pushing it couldnt get the boat to move :grin:
noone had any chains or a rope, and the guy who had the keys that night hadent turned up so couldnt go into the garage to get anything, so one of the guys who had a mitsubishi (SP?) pushed my car with his car (bumper to bumper with a lot of blankets and coats inbetween, and about 6 or 7 of us pushing the car while i was still trying to get the engine to turn over. still couldnt get it to go, in the end gave up and waited for the guy with the keys to come and in the time it took we found some lads clearing the supermarket carpark of snow who kindly lent us there shovels and dug all the snow from around it out so we could push the car easier and the car would have grip under the wheels.
was a right PITA