Author Topic: Carbon mirrors - yes or no?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Neil C

• Not said much yet
Carbon mirrors - yes or no?
« on: 15 April 2020, 21:05 »

What people's thoughts of these on a white 5 door. I think they look great , possibly when combined with a few other gloss black bits to tie the whole look together.

Im undecided though as part of me likes the clean look of my car , but the other part of me loves the carbon..

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: Carbon mirrors - yes or no?
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2020, 22:43 »
Get them wrapped if you like them and come time to sell it’s easy to put back to standard  :smiley:

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2020, 00:26 »
It’s a no from me.

It reminds me too much of the Astra H VXR Nurburgring edition and I think carbon on cheap hatchbacks is a bit chavvy.

Offline Neil C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2020, 00:42 »
Ive seen wrapped mirrors before and i wasnt keen on the finish of them. With the way Mk6's are and everything is pretty much colour coded i think i'll leave them as they are then. Im keen to maintain the OEM or OEM+ look of the car and i dont want anything that looks stuck on.

Cheers for the input and comments guys.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2020, 12:20 »
If you like them thats all that matters.
If you are thinking of other bits glass black you could do the the mirrors the same.
Its what you want that counts.

Mk7 R models had factory option of carbon or black mirrors so it is in keeping with a modern golf.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2020, 12:24 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 16 April 2020, 14:12 »
Ive seen wrapped mirrors before and i wasnt keen on the finish of them. With the way Mk6's are and everything is pretty much colour coded i think i'll leave them as they are then. Im keen to maintain the OEM or OEM+ look of the car and i dont want anything that looks stuck on.

Cheers for the input and comments guys.

Have them hydro dipped if you want a better finish