Author Topic: MK6 TSI engine oil leak Whats this part called?  (Read 1422 times)

Offline hussnainh8

• Just got here
MK6 TSI engine oil leak Whats this part called?
« on: 19 February 2020, 16:41 »
Hello,

The ENGINE oil leak is coming from the right side of the engine from either the head of the engine OR something I have no idea what it is called but it does say PA66-GF35 on both of the circle plastic parts of it but other than that there is no other writing on it. I have attached pictures of the part in question. It is leaking very badly literally in 5 minutes there is oil pouring out on the road because of this part. the entire gearbox is weeping of oil on the top of the gearbox because the oil is pouring onto the gearbox. Below this (PA66-GF35) part is the oil sensor. However I do not know if it coming from this PA66-GF35 part (If it is even replaceable as it just looks like 2 plastic circle covers or if it is coming from the engine top head leaking from the gasket. Tomorrow I will remove it to find out but maybe someone can tell me today what they think it is.

Here are all the pictures. Is it the part named PA66-GF35 or is it the engine top head pouring oil out of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187021493@N05/shares/22XC3B

Thanks.