Author Topic: Paint and Upholstery Combinations  (Read 2962 times)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
Paint and Upholstery Combinations
« on: 04 June 2013, 08:42 »
Just been looking through the new GTI/GTD online brochure and came across the following page:

Is it just me or does this rank as one of the most pointless charts ever?

What next?  how about a chart confirming the number of wheels the car will have based on the alloys you choose  :rolleyes:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Paint and Upholstery Combinations
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2013, 09:12 »
 :grin:
When the MKV GTI came out you could choose cream leather but only with certain colours, and you also lost the black headlining in the process. I suppose this is a throwback to that!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2013, 15:25 »
The lack of interior colour choices, leather colours and trims is pretty shoddy really. I didn't want Black seats but I had no choice.

A Red leather to go with Silver or Grey Paint would have been great, or a nice contrasting Cream to go with Black or Grey Paint.

Some aluminium trim wouldn't have gone a miss either.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2013, 17:07 »
When the MKV GTI came out you could choose cream leather but only with certain colours, and you also lost the black headlining in the process. I suppose this is a throwback to that!

Aaah.  OK.  That makes a bit more sense  :grin: As there are no exceptions to the rule with the MK7 I think it's a bit pointless listing it!
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2013, 17:20 »

Aaah.  OK.  That makes a bit more sense  :grin: As there are no exceptions to the rule with the MK7 I think it's a bit pointless listing it!

Yeah... but the lesser models (GT, SE, whatever) in the MK7 range do have all sorts of colour combinations, so I suppose they are just being consistent. You can have any colour so long as its black!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2013, 17:29 »
You can have any colour so long as its black!

Ha!  My history teacher used to mutter this to himself all the time throughout his lectures.  Along with a few other phrases like "Every man is an island." Since he never really explained himself I have no clue what the relevance was to the particular period of history we were supposed to be studying at the time but it seemed to come up at least once a day.

Anyway, yeah you are probably right about the consistency.  If it wasn't there then people might get confused, assuming there were options but that the page had been missed or something.  I often find it shocking when drawing up documents that no matter how thorough you think you've been there is always some way that something is ambiguous and scope for people to misunderstand.  Its the nature of trying to explain something you know inside out without letting your brain think things are obvious to everyone.