Author Topic: Probably going to cancel my order today  (Read 4261 times)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
Re: Probably going to cancel my order today
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2013, 10:38 »
OK, they have all just got back to me.

The car was and has always been the performance pack version.  Dealer was confused as all other "options" are shown on the order as "options" whereas the GTI Performance actually shows as a different model of car.

Because he could not see the "Performance Pack" option he believed it was not on there.  He has apologised for the confusion and offered a tank of petrol with the car in recompense.

Although I am relieved about that, I just want the car today and feel like throwing my toys out of the pram and stamping my feet until it arrives!

Offline Jthgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2013, 10:43 »

The car was and has always been the performance pack version.  Dealer was confused as all other "options" are shown on the order as "options" whereas the GTI Performance actually shows as a different model of car.

Because he could not see the "Performance Pack" option he believed it was not on there.  He has apologised for the confusion and offered a tank of petrol with the car in recompense.

Although I am relieved about that, I just want the car today and feel like throwing my toys out of the pram and stamping my feet until it arrives!

Sounds like he was very confused - has he come up with any proof of the cancellation email or has he conveniently forgotten about that?

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2013, 10:43 »

Yeah this just goes to prove matchboy's comment that the dealers often seem to be somewhat clueless...  What was his explanation for saying he had an email where you cancelled PP?  Is he as confused about how email works as he is about how the primary system he uses for doing his job works? :grin: :grin: :grin:

:rolleyes:

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2013, 10:48 »
He did admit that this is the only GTI order that they have processed, so they are still getting used to it.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #14 on: 31 May 2013, 12:22 »
He did admit that this is the only GTI order that they have processed, so they are still getting used to it.

Blimey, how different can it be?!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Golf7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2013, 12:32 »

So that rules out the possibility that he had received an email from another customer ref removing the PP from their order, and got that order mixed up with yours.

In that case, he was obviously just blatantly telling a porky about receiving an email.  :sick: Arseholes