Author Topic: Probably going to cancel my order today  (Read 4259 times)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
Probably going to cancel my order today
« on: 31 May 2013, 09:44 »
On examining the order confirmation from my dealer again today I noticed that there was no mention of the performance pack.  I questioned this with my dealer and he says that they have an email from me asking me to remove it, which is just untrue.

They said they can add it on, but there is a possibility that changing the order will introduce further delays.

I've told them that the PP was never removed, despite other changes requested to the car and that if any further delays would be incurred then the order can be cancelled.

I know for sure that the mistake is at their end as I have checked every email that I have ever sent them and there is no mention of removing the PP.

Although the order tracker website does say GTI with Performance Pack still.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Probably going to cancel my order today
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2013, 09:49 »
I would check with VW customer services.  Bypass your dealer, he sounds like a right a7sehole.  If the PP is on your order, VW customer services will confirm this.  Also, as stated on another thread, I'd also contact the twitter team @UKVolkswagen who seem to be the only ones who can get any tangible information.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2013, 09:51 »
On examining the order confirmation from my dealer again today I noticed that there was no mention of the performance pack.  I questioned this with my dealer and he says that they have an email from me asking me to remove it, which is just untrue.

They said they can add it on, but there is a possibility that changing the order will introduce further delays.

I've told them that the PP was never removed, despite other changes requested to the car and that if any further delays would be incurred then the order can be cancelled.

I know for sure that the mistake is at their end as I have checked every email that I have ever sent them and there is no mention of removing the PP.

Although the order tracker website does say GTI with Performance Pack still.

Wait.  Don't do anything rash mate!  Contact VW on twitter@volkswagen.co.uk first (and get them to call you).  Tell them you are confused as your dealer can't find out if PP is on your car as you requested and can they check, then tell your dealer what they tell you.  If they dealer still persists or says there is a delay get back on to VW via that email and acting 'concerned customer' get them to find out why and get it in an email from them that your order has PP and won't be delayed, you can then forward that to the dealer.

I'd only cancel if you can't get them to do the above.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2013, 10:11 »
I've just spoken to Customer services and they have confirmed that the specification is as per my order.

Still feeling miffed about something, but not sure what - as nothing as actually changed apart from my 7 week push back on delivery.

I'm very grumpy!  :angry:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2013, 10:13 »
I've just spoken to Customer services and they have confirmed that the specification is as per my order.

Still feeling miffed about something, but not sure what - as nothing as actually changed apart from my 7 week push back on delivery.

I'm very grumpy!  :angry:

You shouldn't be getting a revised delivery if there was no change to your order.  Unless this is just one more order being 'revised' back without a reason.

Can you ask customer services why there is a change to your estimated delivery?  We'd be interested why, and you can make the point to them that you don't understand why it would change if the order is still the same.

EDIT: Better make sure your dealer knows this too right?  Don't want them removing PP later because they are 'confused' haha!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2013, 10:14 »

I've been told that I should receive an email response today, and this is one of my questions.  I don't understand how orders are being pushed back when no changes have been made.

Glad you're not cancelling though, would have been a shame!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2013, 10:15 »
I've been told that I should receive an email response today, and this is one of my questions.  I don't understand how orders are being pushed back when no changes have been made.

Glad you're not cancelling though, would have been a shame!

Good to hear!  I will eagerly await what they tell you.  I'm hoping its not that all orders around 26-30 are going to start becoming 30-38 like the other orders... was hoping this would go the other way round and we'd all end up 26-30!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2013, 10:23 »
Yes me too!  But given the horror stories others have posted, plus my own order going from 26 to 28 for no reason whatsoever, I'm not holding my breath on any good news!  I will post up when I hear back!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2013, 10:28 »
If your order arrives with PP and according to your dealer you cancelled PP, I would not be paying for the PP - score!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2013, 10:34 »
If your order arrives with PP and according to your dealer you cancelled PP, I would not be paying for the PP - score!

Very good point!!