Author Topic: Still no build week :-(  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Still no build week :-(
« on: 30 May 2013, 14:46 »
Just got off the phone to Volkswagen Customer Service. I'm now fuming!

I wanted to know what on earth is happening to my car as it was ordered over 7 weeks ago and I still have no estimated build week or ability to track the order on their website.

After asking them these question they couldn't update me on a single point! [insert stunned face] No estimate on bw, no explanation as to why my car has never shown up on the 'Track my order' website and no explanation as to why they can't talk to their German colleagues at the factory. [queue blood vessels bursting]

All I want to know is where my bloody car's build is up to. Is that so unreasonable?

I'm really fed up.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Still no build week :-(
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2013, 14:50 »
not that it helps any but use wk34 as a rough guide and if it's earlier then happy days :tongue:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2013, 15:20 »
All I want to know is where my bloody car's build is up to. Is that so unreasonable?

It's not, but would you believe the week if they gave you one?  Maybe if it was early you'd want to believe it, and if it was late, you'd hope it wasn't correct.  With all the misinformation and confusion going on, it's almost a case of being better off not knowing!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2013, 16:13 »
If its any consolation bud, I'm in the exact same position still.

I'm in Dresden, Germany this week and only 1 mile from the VW glass factory. I have a good mind to march over there and demand what's happening..... Trouble is, they only build the Phaeton here.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2013, 16:32 »
Thanks for the crumbs of comfort, however my mood hasn't lifted....... yet :angry:

Forgot to say that my issue has been 'escalated' up the management food-chain. Wow-friggin-wee!

Shall let you know what smooth talking flannel they pour down the phone when I receive the call  :rolleyes:

All I want to know is where my order is up to. My god, if I'd ordered a Ford I'd probably be driving it by now.

Can't remember who said it on here, but VW's claim of June delivery is liable for trades description.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2013, 17:00 »
that might have been me. misrepresentation saying on sale June. maybe we should try and find out who the top nob is in Germany and email him? he/she may well be horrified to hear what's going on in the UK unless it's VW Germany causing the misinformation.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2013, 17:21 »
that might have been me. misrepresentation saying on sale June. maybe we should try and find out who the top nob is in Germany and email him? he/she may well be horrified to hear what's going on in the UK unless it's VW Germany causing the misinformation.

Good idea, however the trouble as ever is how to cut-through to the right person and make them aware just how bad things have become for UK customers.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2013, 17:30 »
would you believe the week if they gave you one?

No.

My god, if I'd ordered a Ford I'd probably be driving it by now.

Yes.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2013, 18:00 »
All I want to know is where my order is up to. My god, if I'd ordered a Ford I'd probably be driving it by now.

Probably true but then you would be driving a Ford :grin:

Offline mackandmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2013, 19:30 »
There is no reason why you don't have an estimated (not confirmed) build date?? I ordered my GTD 3 dr manual, pure white with nav on 20.05.13. I have my order number from my dealer & an estimated build week of week 40 (not what I wanted to hear but hey ho). The order number on the tracker is showing as processing which I expect it to do for some time but at least it is registering with my car details. I know I am probably stating the obvious here but can't your dealer give you the estimated build week? If not, why not?

I have spoken to my dealer tonight to see if there is anything that he can do to my build week.

He did say that there is nothing but VWUK are in talks with Wolfsburg to try to obtain more build slots. This could of course just be him throwing me a line so I'll take it with a pinch of salt

Hope you get some sort of response out of vw.
Have you tried contacting them through twitter @VWUKHelp