Author Topic: Starter button  (Read 5765 times)

Offline SF-GTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: Starter button
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2013, 22:07 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxM-fN0xLAE

I accept absolutely no responsibility for any additional cash spent after watching how clever the keyless system is!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2013, 22:07 »
Ah well.
Never ordered so never mind.
Completely forgot to look when I was at the dealership.

It may not be to late to add Chris

Probably not but after changing the colour from pure white to carbon grey and then adding chassis control im starting to incur the wrath of a very irate girlfriend :(

Just don't tell her?  Or is she your dealer? :laugh:

I used to think this and then I watched the video on the keyless system from the Canadian dealer that someone posted on here.  350 quid later...  :grin:

Ooh.  Still got the link to that vid?

It is one cheesy video  :grin: :grin:
« Last Edit: 29 May 2013, 22:09 by CraigW »

Offline Chriscav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2013, 22:11 »
I had keyless on my renaultsport clio.
obviously not as clever as this tech but I got the jist of it.
Love the bespoke key for the gti so dont mind fumbling around my pocket for that instead.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2013, 08:51 »
Dont really need keyless personally.

As a question of relative "need", I put my entire car into question! :grin:  If you want it, go for it, if not, use the awesome GTI key provided that will suffer wear and tear and thus devalue the car massively (just kidding of course!)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Chriscav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2013, 09:41 »
Dont really need keyless personally.

As a question of relative "need", I put my entire car into question! :grin:  If you want it, go for it, if not, use the awesome GTI key provided that will suffer wear and tear and thus devalue the car massively (just kidding of course!)

Very, very good point!
Do I need ACC? Do I need the performance pack?
Do I even need a golf gti??
I have chosen these things to satisfy myself not because I need something!
I think you have just helped me empty my wallet further...

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #15 on: 30 May 2013, 09:57 »
Very, very good point!
Do I need ACC? Do I need the performance pack?
Do I even need a golf gti??
I have chosen these things to satisfy myself not because I need something!
I think you have just helped me empty my wallet further...

Happy to be of service! :grin:  But, it's true, anybody buying a GTI is doing so because they want one, not because they need one.  There are plenty of far cheaper cars that get you from A to B, but we picked the GTI for very specific reasons.  I overstretched my budget a bit, but I know how much enjoyment it will bring me so worth every penny!

Besides, blipping keys to open cars and putting keys into ignitions is so last year! :wink:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Berelli

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 30 May 2013, 10:00 »
Oh, because i saw it on all the video's i thought it was standard. Nevermind roll on September delivery - BW33
Mk7 GTI, Pure White, 5 Door, Manual, ACC - Collected and enjoying it.

Offline Chriscav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 01 June 2013, 13:34 »
Soooo.....contacted me dealer about adding keyless and was told that unfortunately "no further changes can be made as the car is locked down for production."
Oh well ........

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 01 June 2013, 14:17 »
The car I test drove yesterday had keyless entry. I have to say it is really cool. Something about pressing that button felt really nice ;)

Also, really funny thing, dealer told me that most the staff kept forgetting it had keyless and kept looking for the hole lol and have scratched the hell out the area where the ignition hole normally is.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 01 June 2013, 14:24 »
The car I test drove yesterday had keyless entry. I have to say it is really cool. Something about pressing that button felt really nice ;)

Also, really funny thing, dealer told me that most the staff kept forgetting it had keyless and kept looking for the hole lol and have scratched the hell out the area where the ignition hole normally is.

The one is sat in the other day had the starter button - I actually wished I'd specced it now as it was very cool.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....