Author Topic: Shambles!  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Golf7

• Not said much yet
Shambles!
« on: 29 May 2013, 15:31 »
This is slightly off topic so Mods feel free to remove this thread or move it if you like! I just thought it may give some more insight into what the hell is going on at VW?!!

Golf 7 shambles aside (it looks like my Golf 7, GT isn't arriving until August  :angry: ), we also have an Passat Alltrack on order for my boss. He has specced the 177ps DSG and I must say I'm looking forward to having a go in it myself to pass the time until August!!

The dealership rang him today with some good news; the car should be ready to collect on Friday. Happy days....

However, he specced the car with the no-cost option Anthracite finish alloys and the car has been delivered to the dealership with the standard wheels on. They checked all the paperwork and they assure us the car was ordered by us correctly, and that they have processed the order with VWUK correctly, so the error is either at Milton Keynes or Wolfsburg.

The dealership also has an Alltrack in the showroom which I saw with my own eyes a few weeks ago, the problem with our order prompted them to check theirs, and they tell us that they had ordered their showroom car with the Anthracite wheels too, but it was also delivered with the wrong wheels on!

We have told the dealership we still need to collect the car on Friday but they will have to either get the correct wheels on before then, or he will take delivery as it is and they will have to change the wheels at a later date......

:shocked:   :whistle:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Shambles!
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2013, 15:35 »
Shocking.  How hard is it to get an order right??

Discount time - goodwill gesture from VW surely.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Golf7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2013, 15:43 »

I doubt it Matchboy, before my current A3 I had a Passat Highline. The day I picked it up (brand new) I was 'making progress' in lane 3 of the M62 and it conked out. I limped to the hard shoulder and it's fair to say that it was not a pleasant experience. VW Roadside Assistance came out and concluded the fuel pipes hadn't been connected correctly at the factory, and the engine bay was full of diesel. He towed me to the nearest dealer as the engine bay had to be steam cleaned etc.

I kicked up a bit of a fuss with VW, via my dealership, and guess what I got?.......

Sweet.F.A..... Not even a measly keyring, apology, kiss my arse, nowt!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2013, 15:44 »
wtf, that is outrageous.  trouble is what can you do?  short of camping in the showroom like a hippy until they give you a discount, sounds like they don't budge on stuff like this.  unreal.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2013, 15:51 »
To be fair, why should they compensate?  They are not contractually obliged to deliver a car to us by a certain date.  We ordered blind, knowing we would not get a provisional BW for some time - just turns out that some of those provisional BWs are far more distant than others.  The best you can do is vote with your wallet and cancel your order, but I can't see many people doing that despite what they (and I at times!) feel  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2013, 15:53 »

I doubt it Matchboy, before my current A3 I had a Passat Highline. The day I picked it up (brand new) I was 'making progress' in lane 3 of the M62 and it conked out. I limped to the hard shoulder and it's fair to say that it was not a pleasant experience. VW Roadside Assistance came out and concluded the fuel pipes hadn't been connected correctly at the factory, and the engine bay was full of diesel. He towed me to the nearest dealer as the engine bay had to be steam cleaned etc.

I kicked up a bit of a fuss with VW, via my dealership, and guess what I got?.......

At that point I would have rejected the car and demanded a full refund  :angry:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2013, 15:58 »

Thats awful.  You could persist with VW customer services, then if you get nothing start to write to them and CC the CEO in with a "please would you have a read of my correspondence with your customer care department" as a cover note.  I've had bad experiences with both Vodafone (who will never get my business again) and Amazon where the customer services offered no help and were downright rude... the second I CC'd the CEO in and they were falling over themselves to be nice to me.  Actually Vodafone were still assholes but they did give me exactly what I wanted (which was to quit being their customer without paying them another penny).

Offline Golf7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2013, 16:15 »
To be fair, why should they compensate?  They are not contractually obliged to deliver a car to us by a certain date.  We ordered blind, knowing we would not get a provisional BW for some time - just turns out that some of those provisional BWs are far more distant than others.  The best you can do is vote with your wallet and cancel your order, but I can't see many people doing that despite what they (and I at times!) feel  :grin:
  I think you mis-read Gryzor.... the problem is with the Alltrack, which wasn't ordered blind, it was test-driven etc. It is not a new model; it has been around for a couple of years now. We have been tracking it on the tracker, right through to 'Your car has arrived', and now it seems that it has arrived..... built incorrectly! I'm sure they will sort it for Friday though (Last week they told us ready for this Friday, before they realised the issue with the wheels today)...............!

At that point I would have rejected the car and demanded a full refund  :angry:

I was young(er) and naive back then and gave in at the first hurdle. I'm sure there'll be no such issues this time around when/if the Golf turns up....!

What are the alternatives? 
Alltrack:  A4 Allroad? Oh, VW Group also!   Volvo XC70? :sick:
Golf: Leon and save some money or A3 and shell out more for less toys! (both VW Group again!). 1 series, less kit more money. A-Class, shockingly bad interior. Astra.....Hahahaha!

Lets just face it, VW Group make fantastic cars, so we just have to put up with bad customer service! lol
« Last Edit: 29 May 2013, 16:17 by Golf7 »

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2013, 16:19 »
Lets just face it, VW Group make fantastic cars, so we just have to put up with bad customer service! lol

As I said above though, a polite letter to the CEO with a copy of your communications with their customer service can do wonders as it has for me.  CEO probably never even saw my latter, all it takes is a PA to ask the customer service department to "explain" or for the customer service department to be worried by the "CC: CEO, CEO's address etc..." on the letter you send to them and its like they become different people altogether.

EDIT:
Oh yes, and if that doesn't work (so far for me it always has) the next CC you start to include is the regulator and/or consumer group!

Offline Golf7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2013, 16:27 »
So would that be Robert Hazelwood for VWUK?

I have to be very careful with this though as I work for a company that does a lot of business with VW Group in Germany, and we in the UK are just starting to do more business with Milton Keynes, so I fear I may do more harm than good if I go too far!! (the car is ordered in the Company name, so I can't even take this course of action as a private individual). I think I may just have to sit it out like everyone else!!