Author Topic: Oryx White/Pure White  (Read 24815 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Oryx White/Pure White
« Reply #10 on: 01 June 2013, 18:06 »
I saw it up close and had to be told it was oryx. Could not tell the difference. Mental to pay for it IMO.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 01 June 2013, 18:42 »
Well, I had plenty of time to check it out at Paris and I was impressed. You pay your money...

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 03 June 2013, 09:59 »
One of the reasons I changed from DPB to Oryx is because almost all of the early promotional videos and photos showed the car in that colour and it looked great.

Having never seen the car in any other colour by that point it was a safe, albeit expensive option to choose.

My next door neighbour has a Polo in White that really looks so similar to my Scirocco in White that it is going to be nice to have something a bit special that not many people have selected.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #13 on: 03 June 2013, 10:44 »
Like already said, you pay your money...  I've bought options that some will baulk at, but as long as you are happy that's all that matters.  If Oryx were to cost the same as regular metallics and pearls, I might have considered it, though I'm still not sold on the oyster-shell look in the light..bit too feminine.  At almost a grand, on something that adds no functionality, just like the 19" wheels, no chance!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #14 on: 03 June 2013, 10:56 »
At almost a grand, on something that adds no functionality, just like the 19" wheels, no chance!

Those 19 inch wheels look the biz though.  During my daily spec uncertainty I keep wondering if I should take the sunroof off and put them on instead.  Might bring my BW forward too! haha.

So far I've resisted the temptation to make changes though.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2013, 11:19 »
Those 19 inch wheels look the biz though.  During my daily spec uncertainty I keep wondering if I should take the sunroof off and put them on instead.  Might bring my BW forward too! haha.

Here's the thing, I don't think they look the biz at all - way too busy for such a small car, and they aren't going to do the ride any favours.  Personally, I'd stick with the sunroof, or actually, just remove that, save cash, reduce kerb weight, and enjoy being cocooned inside that lush cabin! :grin:

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 03 June 2013, 11:32 »
Day I turned up to university one of the first people I met was this french dude who had just moved in down the hall.  Was discussing the weather and he says deadpan "In La France we have this thing we call, how do you say, the "Sun"?  It is this big yellow ball in the sky, you have heard of it no?".

Perhaps I should take his point and dump the sunroof.  But I do miss not picking that option on my current car.  Might be what is holding up my build, but would it really come forward or is it forever stuck in September hell?  Hmm, choices choices.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #17 on: 03 June 2013, 11:38 »
Day I turned up to university one of the first people I met was this french dude who had just moved in down the hall.  Was discussing the weather and he says deadpan "In La France we have this thing we call, how do you say, the "Sun"?  It is this big yellow ball in the sky, you have heard of it no?".

Perhaps I should take his point and dump the sunroof.  But I do miss not picking that option on my current car.  Might be what is holding up my build, but would it really come forward or is it forever stuck in September hell?  Hmm, choices choices.

Haha, well these past few days where I live have been gorgeous!  I've had used cars with a sunroof before, but never been bothered enough to spec one on new cars.  Certainly inside the GTI with it's black roof lining, I prefer to feel completely closed in.  I know the sunroof has a shade across it, but anyway...  Don't get rid of it just to potentially bump the car up the queue, but personally I'd dump it, save your cash, and improve your 0-60 time and MPG in the process ;)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 03 June 2013, 11:42 »
Anyone know how much of a difference it makes to 0-60 or MPG?  I'm imagining its minimal since it can't weight all that much can it?  Surely plonking a passenger in the car would have, I don't know, double the effect?

EDIT:
In before anyone says "that depends on how fat the passenger is!"

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 03 June 2013, 11:52 »
At almost a grand, on something that adds no functionality, just like the 19" wheels, no chance!

My X-Trail has the panoramic roof and the amount of natural light is awesome. That's why I have specced it for my GTD. Most definitely worth it. Makes the interior seem bigger IMO.

And I have to say the 19" wheels do not suit the clean lines of the mark 7. Much prefer the nogaros's and the GTI's  rims.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.