Poll

You are stuck in traffic listening to the radio when disaster strikes, they are playing Rihanna.  Your passenger reaches for the volume control, do you...

Let them turn it down, who cares if the on symbol is the right way up?  People who do need help right?
Tense up, you know the on symbol won't be the right way up but you grin and bear it?
Scream at them to leave it alone and use the steering wheel controls to turn Rihanna down yourself?
Slap their hand away and silently curse the VW engineer hoping karma is making him pay for this somehow?

Author Topic: How OCD are you?  (Read 7327 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: How OCD are you?
« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2013, 13:49 »
Ah yes, the cigarette lighter! I do that too. It HAS to be in the right position so that when I pop the ashtray lid once a year it looks right!! (I keep my postcodes in there in case the RNS ever loses them from its memory).

And yes, the puddles.
And the dirty windscreen - even more so on my car with xenons as when you wash the windscreen the headlights get a spray too and it goes all over the bonnet. Grrrrrrrr. Yukky water marks!!

And then there's the rear wiper. I never ever ever ever use the rear wiper. The mess it leaves is unbearable. Nope, I'm not a detailing fanatic (I don't mind a dirty car so long as the dirt is nice and evenly distributed!!) but I'd rather clean the whole car than use the rear wiper!!!

Oh God I need help...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 25 May 2013, 16:52 »
And then there's the rear wiper. I never ever ever ever use the rear wiper. The mess it leaves is unbearable. Nope, I'm not a detailing fanatic (I don't mind a dirty car so long as the dirt is nice and evenly distributed!!) but I'd rather clean the whole car than use the rear wiper!!!

Aaaaargh!!!! Yes the rear wiper....I would go far as to superglue it down in the future...., but don't you just hate it when it switches on automatically when you  hit reverse!!! Especially on those cold dewy mornings & it leaves a bloody mess!!!  :angry:

We all need to attend therapy I think!
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #32 on: 25 May 2013, 17:39 »
Even when it's straight it's not quite straight  :sad:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2013, 19:34 »

Aaaaargh!!!! Yes the rear wiper....I would go far as to superglue it down in the future...., but don't you just hate it when it switches on automatically when you  hit reverse!!! Especially on those cold dewy mornings & it leaves a bloody mess!!!  :angry:

We all need to attend therapy I think!
You can code this out with VCDS and was one of the first jobs on my mk6!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #34 on: 25 May 2013, 20:03 »
I hate the way women turn every cubbyhole into a handbag, and the squirting of perfume before they get out of the car, wtf.

Oh wow this totally this! What is wrong with them?  It's like they think its some kind of mobile dressing room...

Also you should see my wife's car.  She loves her allotment so the car has a permanent layer of mud on the inside and often a bag of manure in the boot.  Needless to say she's not taking my GTI anywhere near that place!

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 25 May 2013, 20:09 »
Wonder of we can get a bulk buy therapy session?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 25 May 2013, 21:59 »
Ok this may seem a bit extreme to some... But how many of you... After having cleaned your pride & joy, admit to driving "erratically" in the VAIN attempt to keep your car looking clean for as long as possible.... For example....

A) keeping a sizeable distance (big enough to fit 10 London buses) between you & the car in front, in the likely hood that the b'stard in front decides to target you with their washer fluid!

B) taking extreme evasive action when it comes to puddles, to the point where you end up driving on the wrong side of the road & nearly cause a head on collision!

C) however dirty your own windscreen is, you refrain from using your own windscreen wash for as long as possible knowing full well you can't see bugger all.... but you know its better that way than having dried on streak marks running down the side of your windows & doors!

D) driving as slowly as you can possibly get away with, to avoid bugs & insects committing Hari Kari on your bonnet. Avoiding motorways if necessary as bugs & insects like to congregate in the fast lane.

Is it only me??? I must be mad :laugh:

Unfortunately this sums me up.   

Last week I almost scraped a car coming the opposite way, as I was so intent on avoiding the roadside puddles and sullying my clean car.   Spent the rest of the drive reminding myself that a dirty car is better than a smashed up car and an ex no claims bonus!  :rolleyes:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #37 on: 25 May 2013, 22:13 »
I have to go to the petrol station quite a lot to make sure the tank is half full.

The nice red dials then both point directly upwards.

Can be a bit stressful while the car is warming up.
    :embarrassed:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 30 May 2013, 20:42 »
How many of you take you shoes off to move the car about on the drive or into the garage after cleaning the mays and pedals? Then when you get in next time to actually drive somewhere, try to do so without putting anything other than the very backs of  your heels on the mats?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #39 on: 31 May 2013, 09:53 »
How many of you take you shoes off to move the car about on the drive or into the garage after cleaning the mays and pedals? Then when you get in next time to actually drive somewhere, try to do so without putting anything other than the very backs of  your heels on the mats?

Nah, I learned to deal with dirty mats!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep