Poll

You are stuck in traffic listening to the radio when disaster strikes, they are playing Rihanna.  Your passenger reaches for the volume control, do you...

Let them turn it down, who cares if the on symbol is the right way up?  People who do need help right?
Tense up, you know the on symbol won't be the right way up but you grin and bear it?
Scream at them to leave it alone and use the steering wheel controls to turn Rihanna down yourself?
Slap their hand away and silently curse the VW engineer hoping karma is making him pay for this somehow?

Author Topic: How OCD are you?  (Read 7327 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
How OCD are you?
« on: 23 May 2013, 23:16 »
The ultimate question to determine if you really are OCD!

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
Re: How OCD are you?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2013, 23:21 »
hahaha, the last option made me laf!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2013, 23:25 »
What if your passenger likes Rihanna and you don't dislike it enough to turn the vol down?

I have the radio on when wor lass is in the car but as soon as she's out then I stick a bit of Rock on (rediscovering "Faith no more" at the moment).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2013, 23:32 »
What if your passenger likes Rihanna and you don't dislike it enough to turn the vol down?

I didn't consider that a realistic eventuality... :whistle:

Offline mark@vorny.co.uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2013, 23:43 »
I don't notice what the passenger does when Rihanna comes on the radio, the commotion in my underpants is usually the centre of my attention... :drool:

2012 GTi 3 door, DSG, Nav, Roof, Monza's. Candy White..... and it's the wife's.
2013 Abarth 595, 2013 911 C4S.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2013, 08:11 »
I wouldn't be listening to Rihanna on the radio, as the display would not be symmetrical, never mind the volume knob. I think I need to go and see someone about this as there's only so much ABBA I can listen to.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2013, 08:41 »
Scream of course, then use the volume controls on the wheel!  :grin:  Of course, the actual outcome would depend on who my passenger was and what the potential rewards could be!

Oh yes, I'm definitely a bit OC, but not D - big difference between wanting something orderly and it becoming a life-altering disorder!  Just saying, as I have a mate who is OCD about things being straight, and it ain't pretty!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2013, 09:02 »
I'm so glad others have this issue! I also have to have the climate control numbers as odd numbers when I'm going out and then even when I'm going home.  :lipsrsealed: :embarrassed:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2013, 09:33 »
I'm beginning to see why some people ring VW UK up on a daily basis for an order update. I've only randg them 4 times because they never got back to me with an answer the first 3 times though.  :laugh:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2013, 10:51 »
I'm so glad others have this issue! I also have to have the climate control numbers as odd numbers when I'm going out and then even when I'm going home.  :lipsrsealed: :embarrassed:

:shocked: Wow.

Although, the Ford I drive allows you to set the temperature in 0.5° steps.  I can never allow it to read xx.5, it has to be a whole degree or I'll change it!