Author Topic: MK7 GTD in white dealership picture  (Read 24531 times)

Offline Movi

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 GTD in white dealership picture
« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2013, 19:36 »
Just found this pic of a social networking website, I think someone had taken it from a dealership in Germany maybe? Anyway thought you guys would appreciate it, ill try uploading a better quality image than this one

Can somebody in the know please confirm if the wheels pictured are the standard wheels that uk customers will get? ie with the black backs, or do we get the ones pictured on the vw configurator that don't look that good to me!

Cheers in advance.
Movi

(MY08) ED30 CW 3DR (Sold) - (MY11) MK6 GTD CW 3DR DSG - Its Here :) MK7 R LB 3DR DSG

Jules Winfield

« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2013, 19:50 »
If you look on the German configurator, the car comes as standard with 17" "Curitiba" alloys.  These look exactly like the ones on the UK configurator.  You can upgrade to 18" Nogaros (EUR 600 or so) and these have the black bits in them.

There are pictures on the UK web site in the gallery section showing the Nogaros, and it does say that the alloys are 18".  Given the poor show VW UK have made thus far it wouldn't surprise me if they got the wrong images in the configurator.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2013, 19:55 by Jules Winfield »

Offline Movi

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 16 May 2013, 20:06 »
If you look on the German configurator, the car comes as standard with 17" "Curitiba" alloys.  These look exactly like the ones on the UK configurator.  You can upgrade to 18" Nogaros (EUR 600 or so) and these have the black bits in them.

There are pictures on the UK web site in the gallery section showing the Nogaros, and it does say that the alloys are 18".  Given the poor show VW UK have made thus far it wouldn't surprise me if they got the wrong images in the configurator.

Cheers Jules

fingers crossed then!
« Last Edit: 16 May 2013, 20:11 by Movi »
Movi

(MY08) ED30 CW 3DR (Sold) - (MY11) MK6 GTD CW 3DR DSG - Its Here :) MK7 R LB 3DR DSG

Offline Kendo44

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 24 May 2013, 22:29 »
These wheels look exactly like the standard 18" wheels on the configurator.

I ordered a 5 door GTD with the standard wheels, Oryx white with sunroof,so was glad to see some real pictures.

Just for information I did try to add the 19" wheels but the configurator would only add them if I deleted the sunroof. I emailed VW and was told that the combined weight of the 19" alloys and the sunroof put the car over the CO2 bandings, must be related to the weight.
I think the 19" wheels would have looked awesome, but I liked the sunroof so stuck with that!
Golf GTD 5 Dr Keyless entry, rear side airbags, park assist, Oryx white, Winter pack, Sunroof - and lovin' it :-)

Offline najam90

• Not said much yet

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 30 May 2013, 11:45 »
The GTD looks the nuts in grey!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 30 May 2013, 12:11 »
The GTD looks the nuts in grey!

Must resist colour change. :undecided:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

mjh_056

« Reply #27 on: 30 May 2013, 12:16 »
Could have had a manual standard out of the box GTi but I would have had to really pay for it in overall costs where as I get the GTD with DSG & 5 Door + additional options at minimal cost to me and with even more saving in running cost and having seen it in white in how it accentuates all the black features including rear tint, I was completely sold that made right decision :) - I like the Santiago but must say if the Norgaro were option I would be tempted as best 'standard' wheels I have seen for a while and think really work with the white also given the black inserts - Looking forward to when GTD comes into spotlight for reviews etc.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 30 May 2013, 12:17 »
That looks like Limestone grey, which to my eyes looks more bronze than grey in the metal. Not my cuppa to be honest.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #29 on: 30 May 2013, 12:20 »
Could have had a manual standard out of the box GTi but I would have had to really pay for it in overall costs where as I get the GTD with DSG & 5 Door + additional options at minimal cost to me and with even more saving in running cost.

It it a lease/company car based on CO2?  If so, I guess it makes sense over a GTI.  Still not convinced by the running-cost savings relative to new car ownership in general, but each unto their own on how to justify something!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep