Author Topic: What will you miss (or not) from your existing car in going for a GTI / GTD  (Read 9848 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
I believe it does, with cover art too!
Are you sure that's not just with the SD card or MDI connection?
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
I believe it does, with cover art too!
Are you sure that's not just with the SD card or MDI connection?

Good question. Unsure to be honest. I know you'll get cover art from your iphone/mp3, and cover art for the dab stations (this is defo via sd card though).
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
I will probably (for a while) miss having my present 5-door Golf... practicality didn't play much of a part in this order :)
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
the comments and jokes I get from owning a Peugeot.

A colleague at work has an RCZ and is very radged when we refer to it as an ALDI TT.  :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Coming from a Mk5 GTI with no options, the only thing I'll miss is the car itself.  It's been the bet car I've ever owned, and hope for more of the same feelings with the Mk7.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline tom90

• Not said much yet

A colleague at work has an RCZ and is very radged when we refer to it as an ALDI TT.  :whistle:

I have to admit I never heard the Aldi TT line (I have to admit its a good one though), but I know on the RCZ forum they hate it being compared to the TT (its considered to be an insult to some).

I mostly get the jokes regarding it being a Peugeot i.e. poorly built and owned by bad drivers (can't comment on the last one though)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?

I have to admit I never heard the Aldi TT line (I have to admit its a good one though), but I know on the RCZ forum they hate it being compared to the TT (its considered to be an insult to some).

I mostly get the jokes regarding it being a Peugeot i.e. poorly built and owned by bad drivers (can't comment on the last one though)

Poking fun aside, I've always thought the RCZ looked fantastic in the flesh. However, unless Peugeot come up with a sub-brand they're never gonna get away from their brand perception. They had the same problems trying to sell the 607 at the upper-end and struggled (a problem VW also have with the Phaeton - great car but know one wants to pay A8, S-Class money for a Volkswagen)

Aldi TT is quite funny though :laugh:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
I think the thing I would miss the most if I ordered a new GTD, would be....money!

Something has to be said for having a buffer in this current climate.  I also don't really believe the car will be such a leap forward from the mk6 and will not bring such a WoW factor that going from a mk5 GT TDI 140 to the GTD did. My GTD has 54K on the clock now has just turned 3yrs old. Its (touches wood) very reliable, it gets me every where I want to go it, has the performance I need, when I need it and the fuel economy that I require (55+mpg).
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
I think the thing I would miss the most if I ordered a new GTD, would be....money!

Something has to be said for having a buffer in this current climate.  I also don't really believe the car will be such a leap forward from the mk6 and will not bring such a WoW factor that going from a mk5 GT TDI 140 to the GTD did. My GTD has 54K on the clock now has just turned 3yrs old. Its (touches wood) very reliable, it gets me every where I want to go it, has the performance I need, when I need it and the fuel economy that I require (55+mpg).

Sounds very much like someone wants a MK7 and is trying to convince himself otherwise  :grin:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline tom90

• Not said much yet

Poking fun aside, I've always thought the RCZ looked fantastic in the flesh. However, unless Peugeot come up with a sub-brand they're never gonna get away from their brand perception. They had the same problems trying to sell the 607 at the upper-end and struggled (a problem VW also have with the Phaeton - great car but know one wants to pay A8, S-Class money for a Volkswagen)

Aldi TT is quite funny though :laugh:

Oh I totally agree the looks are what sold the car to me and Peugeot have been trying hard to gain brand loyalty with their customers (I was having problems with my exhaust system rattling and the guy who designed and developed the part was emailing me about it wanting to know everything about the issue and explained whats going on)

What Peugeot really need to do is sort of what Fiat did in the middle of the 2000's by pushing there brand values to the public and created products that focused on it (the Fiat Grande Punto and the 500 achieved this and helped save the company) and would say VW group learnt this very well by having each brand focusing on different ideals