Author Topic: Helloooo and advice needed  (Read 841 times)

Offline djmarksmith

• Just got here
Helloooo and advice needed
« on: 25 October 2014, 23:11 »
Guys I'm looking at buying a decent mk4 but that in itself is not easy. I was hoping to buy one with climatronic but all the decent low mileage ones i can find locally are manual air con

The reason i wanted the climatronic was to buy the R32 aluminium dash parts as i did in my previous MK4 but my question is..... was the dash kit ever available from VW for the manual air con cars ?

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
Re: Helloooo and advice needed
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2014, 10:59 »
no there wasn't  a r32 trim for manual air con, however, there was for the net optic trim that can be sanded down to look like r32 trim.

don't focus on milage too much. remember most mk4 golfs are 15+ years old, so even mine with 130k on the clock averages out at less than 9k a year! (also mines for sale if your interested)

also if you find one with very low milage, chances are its going to be a pita as seals/bushes etc will not have been replaced and will start to go, you may also find that common problems haven't occurred and you will have these pop up.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Helloooo and advice needed
« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2014, 22:04 »
Buy on condition, history and how well it has been looked after, mileage does not matter that much, a low mileage car doing mostly short runs can be a heap of trouble