Author Topic: grands 6n polo 1.9tdi gearbox issues!  (Read 1287 times)

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
grands 6n polo 1.9tdi gearbox issues!
« on: 09 February 2012, 15:44 »
hey guys tried posting this on club polo but for some reason they keep deleting me as a user :/

the problem is first and second gear its like wrestling a midget on steroids to get it into gear, the rest of them are ok, but i have to proper push the clutch to the bottom of the floor to get it in and still have to force it in, once the car is nice and hot its a little easier, rang a garage and the guy said that its a bit of plastic above the pedals that breaks and makes it impossible to get into gear on the clutch and said its a 80 pound fix.

1 i don't really wanna folk out 80 rips if its a lot of bollocks and don't work.

2. would rather fix it myself.

first i through it was just the clutch needs replacing but this guy at garage going on about a plastic part that snaps on the pedals has got me thinking if its something else, can get video if it would help.

any help would be appreciated as i currently cannot drive it without forcing the gears which I'm sure is not good, and i don't have 80 pound to spend on something that it might be.

thanks again

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
Re: grands 6n polo 1.9tdi gearbox issues!
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2012, 21:46 »
if you end up doing the clutch,    the gearbox wull likey want a pinion haft bearing, there easy to change bellhouseing unbolts  and lifts off be warned the bearing will likey fall apart on opening so you'll need to find the rollers before refitting  quite easy too do tho
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
Re: grands 6n polo 1.9tdi gearbox issues!
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2012, 23:14 »
if you end up doing the clutch,    the gearbox wull likey want a pinion haft bearing, there easy to change bellhouseing unbolts  and lifts off be warned the bearing will likey fall apart on opening so you'll need to find the rollers before refitting  quite easy too do tho

see  never had to sort a issue with gears, once in gear its fine, just getting it into gear is very hard as if the clutch is not giving it any room to slot in, guessing that might be the clutch plates, but i still am not to sure what this guy down garage is saying about some plastic part above the pedals, and it not being the clutch apparently its a common issue on polos..