Author Topic: Happy New Year GolfGTI.co.uk forum users!  (Read 1984 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Happy New Year GolfGTI.co.uk forum users!
« on: 31 December 2005, 15:48 »
Happy New Year 2006!

Many thanks for your support in seeing the forum expand so rapidly in 2005. Total GolfGTI.co.uk page views for the year will be around 15 million - crazy  :nerd:

I think '06 should be another great year to be involved in the VW scene. We have Volkswagen making a great GTI and the new R32 is getting very positive reviews. The show scene goes from strength to strength - the first VW Festival in Leeds organised by the DemonVW team was superb, especially when Jo's TVR/Golf rolled into view...
http://www.golfgti.co.uk/viewpastevents.asp?eventID=56

In fact, Jo's car would have to be the dub highlight of the year for me. After having followed the progress for so long and from thinking 'how the hell will that ever happen' to finally seeing it looning around at Bruntingthorpe. It made such an impact everywhere it went and big thanks again to Jo for first doing something so totally mental and secondly for covering it in GolfGTI.co.uk stickers  :cool:
http://www.golfgti.co.uk/viewfeature_content.asp?featureID=33

The Edition38 show was probably the best overall UK event for 2005 and we had a great turnout of new and old forum members. I can't stress enough how good most of the VW shows are - if you have the interest, get out there! I think I went to something like 10 UK shows in '05 and we had a proper club presence at most of those, so you can usually find at least a few other forum people around :)

Big thanks as always to the moderator people on here that keep things ticking over and also the less recognised forum hero's always helping people out :)

On a personal level, I have made some great new dub contacts over the year. This should hopefully result in more deals/discounts and generally more trade input into GolfGTI.co.uk

Here's to a positive dub '06  :smiley:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: Happy New Year GolfGTI.co.uk forum users!
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2005, 17:57 »
Happy New year boss.  :wink: and the same to the rest of the Golfgti.co.uk peeps. :cool:

Just to add to the parts John has said, i have met some sound people off here, some of the best people i have ever met in the entire dub scene in my personal opinion since i entered it 7 years ago at the lowly age of 14. I find the site a pleasure to be a part of and plan to remain a main player as it were for a long time yet.

There are also some top people on here that i know on a much more personal level than just forum banter and i appreciate and respect their friendship through all the hard times as much as the good ones. You all know who you are. Even if we have had fracass in the past.

thanks to all those that have helped with problems i have had and i hope i am helping them just as much in return, whether it be through humour to pass the hours at work or some serious answers to some of their questions. I hope my appointment to Mod in the mk2 section has been seen as worthwhile by at least a few people.

Again top highlight for me has to be split between watching the TVR.Golf evolve, Bugjam (my first made so memorable by so few) and E38, meeting up with a few old aswell as some new faces. The meets have been a top highlight for me over summer and i hope this summer can at the very least equal if not improve on them.

As Jv has highlighted do not be afraid to come along to shows, there is a good club presence at most of them with most of the main names from the club too, do not be shy and just come and introduce yourself, if possible depending on whereabouts in the country you are, there will always be a convoy going from around your area. At the very least we will meet up with you. ( I will be going from Stafford to some of the early shows next year until july when i will be in surrey for a while so if you are coming past those areas for a show then drop me a line and we can arrange something)

Thanks to Jv/Rich/toph etc etc for keeping the site moving along as it were i know you lot are not online much but i can only presume just how much work goes on behind the scenes keeping it all in order.

All i can say is roll on 2006 and you never know i might even get the old tamer back on the road and show you how its done down at pod  :wink: :laugh:

Look forward to Leeds at the end of Jan, and meeting both the old timers and noobies at the upcoming shows.

Take it easy all, and remember to promote the club to your friends, without your good input we would be nothing.  :cool: :cool:
« Last Edit: 31 December 2005, 19:42 by The Slick Effect... »

Offline Daz...

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2005, 18:43 »
Happy New Year to everyone on here...  :smiley:

I've met a few of you on here now, mainly because of the RR Day and so far so good!!

Here's looking forward to meeting more top people in 2006 and seeing some fine Dubs  :cool: :cool:
08.03.10 - 3, maybe 4 weeks, and I want my golf back on the road!

Offline HARDCOR3

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2005, 19:05 »
Yeah i'm new on this year, met a few of you at Edition, but missed most, lookin forward to hopfully a show packed year, showin mi car off once it's finally finished, be good to meet a few more of you there, hopefully startin with GTI spring festival, while the paints still fresh......

anyway...

:laugh:... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FORUM KREW.... :laugh:
                                                            HARDCOR3!!! :smug:

Offline silkyballs

• I live here
  • more tea vicker??
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2005, 19:23 »
happy new year to you all ave a gooden!!!
http://[img]

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2006, 08:48 »
I suppose Il throw my tuppence worth in. I got my golf in April and joined just before I drove 4 1/2 hours back from collecting it. Everyone around me said i was stupid and I can honnestly say Iv proved them all wrong! *touches lots of wood* Soon after I made my way to my first ever show, gti international. It was a very interesting show, made a lot of purchaces for it but unfortunately i managed to miss everyone from here.

I made sure I corrected that at E38 at possibly my best weekend of 2005! Had a fantastic time with u all and really felt part of the scene. Thanks to all who were there, and everyone on here for their advice, help and comedy. After makin the jump over to Guernsey in October I thought my dub show days would be over, but im determined to prove myself wrong and hope to see some of u at one or two this year.

All this leaves me to say is happy new year (all be it a belated one) and all the best for 2006. After 05 cooked up the tvr golf, who will step up to the plate to compete in 06!?!

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool: