Author Topic: Trim and clip around gaiter  (Read 764 times)

Offline razputin

• Not said much yet
Trim and clip around gaiter
« on: 08 June 2010, 10:50 »
If anybody has replaced their leather gaiter then you'll probably know what I'm talking about.

When you unclip the gaiter, it is stapled to a black trim piece the same shape as the gear knob opening.
Mine has snapped. Know what the part is called? Or where I can get one?

Hate going to the dealers here in NI as they are forever ordering the wrong parts.

Cheers
01 Golf Gti 1.8T 150bhp Matchstick Red - THE MODS - boost gauge, replaced the dreaded wood trim, R32 silver dash, nice new leather gaiter, colour coded engine bay, de-locked.........so far  :-p

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: Trim and clip around gaiter
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2010, 12:20 »
Is it the original wood effect one? if so i happen to have my original(undamaged)sat in my spares box been there since i removed it and replaced with the r-line one  :wink:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline razputin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2010, 12:30 »
It's a plastic chrome effect one I have but it's the other piece underneath that isn't visible I'm after.
The one I had lost some of it's regidity and became too flexible and snapped.

Appreciate the offer though.
01 Golf Gti 1.8T 150bhp Matchstick Red - THE MODS - boost gauge, replaced the dreaded wood trim, R32 silver dash, nice new leather gaiter, colour coded engine bay, de-locked.........so far  :-p

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2010, 12:55 »
known as a retainer for boot

Part number 1J0 863 279 B41 - approx £2 from the dealers

Offline razputin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2010, 13:37 »
Fantastic!

Cheers guys   :smiley: