Author Topic: HOW TO PLACE AN AD IN THE CAR FOR SALE CLASSIFIEDS  (Read 1526 times)

Offline golfgtimk316v

• Just got here
HOW TO PLACE AN AD IN THE CAR FOR SALE CLASSIFIEDS
« on: 23 August 2016, 11:40 »
Good Morning,

I joined this forum at the weekend, and was wondering if any member could kindly assist me with placing an ad in the cars for sale classifieds. I've looked at the site and can't see any obvious way to do this, in particular so that my ad ends up in the right classifed section. I've placed my Golf for sale on other common sites and the process has been straight forward, uploading images, titles and descriptions. But on here, I'm at a loss, so if anybody could kindly assist me, and step by step talk me through it, I'd be most grateful. The car in question, a Golf mk3 8v 5 door, in Dragon Green, in near pristine condition, with 42, 402 mls on the clock, is not selling elsewhere, in fact I've had no response at all, which staggers me. Firstly I do not really want to sell the car, but my financial situation predicts that I must. I contacted a couple of dealers on Autotrader, selling similar mint Golf's priced between £4,500 - £4,995, but both of these had 20k mls plus on mine, and they both thought that current market, mine should achieve around £3,500. Are they way off on price? as I'm starting to think so, or is this realistically achievable.
          Help on placing the ad, so that it can be viewed by like minded real enthusiasts, is desperately needed,

many thanks for anyone's time, the very kindest of regards, Jay.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: HOW TO PLACE AN AD IN THE CAR FOR SALE CLASSIFIEDS
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2016, 11:48 »
Start a new topic in this section http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=91.0 exact same way as you have here.

Even with the low mileage, 5 grand 5 door 8v mk3's aren't going to sell in any kind of hurry!!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline golfgtimk316v

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2016, 12:29 »
Thanks for that, but I'm uncertain how you upload the images, as there is no image upload button. I'm of the older generation and didn't grow up with computers, so unfortunately, it's not always obvious to me. That's why I need a step by step guide. I worked out the first bit with your help, and could now go straight to any section of the forum and post text, again many thanks for the prompt.

Regards, Jay.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2016, 13:58 »
If you go on img.com.uoload your image to there then copy the bbcode, itll be on a drop down menu and paste into post.

That should get the pic up.
I use to use photobucket but they changed how to use it

Offline golfgtimk316v

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2016, 14:15 »
Many thanks, I'll give it a go, very much appreciated, kindest regards, Jay.

Offline golfgtimk316v

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2016, 16:36 »
Advert placed, and up and running, thanks for peoples help, it's very much appreciated. Sometimes I look at things too quickly as I can't afford the time to mess about. If it can't be done quickly I won't waste my valuable time with it. Me sussing out things, which I can in time, and it is time taken, drives my wife crazy!!! The time I take to do it that is,   
                         again thanks for your help, Jay.