Author Topic: Mikesps - 1.8t  (Read 10904 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Mikesps - 1.8t
« on: 11 October 2010, 13:11 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
Re: Mikesps - 1.8t
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2010, 19:54 »
Cheers JV!

So i've just sold my 2.slow and upgraded to a 1.8t AGU.  Was originally looking for an AUM but got this for a pretty good price (i think)! was £2500. 84k on the clock, FSH, mint condition!

Plans for the car:
Ko3s
Remap
Forge Tip
Forge Dv
Coilovers
Alloys (not sure which ones yet)
Anni kit
Miltek anni style exhaust
Cai
Front and rear Arb

Heres a few pics from the garage i brought it from. Will get some better ones soon..

Thanks for looking  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 13 October 2010, 17:05 by Mikesps »

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2010, 20:07 »
So order a few bits from awesome! Forge Tip and 007p

And fitted to the car  :evil:

Looks awesome and could feel the difference straight away! Also had the car in for a service at the same time these were fitted  :smiley:

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2010, 20:14 »
Ordered a Carbonio CAI over the weekend, should hopefully be here tomorrow. Also have the car booked in to be  R-tech remapped on the 20th  :smiley:

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2010, 17:04 »
Righty got my CAI today  :evil:
Sneaky pic in the box! Wont be fitting till the weekend.. stay tuned for updates!

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2010, 15:50 »
Update..
Decided not to fit the Cai so sent it back. Going to be doing the smoothed airbox/dsg intake/panel filter mod! Also got the car remapped today by R-tech  :evil:

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2010, 15:55 »
Oh and also Nick spotted i had a flat tyre whilst rempping the car  :angry: so had a look and found a nail in the tyre... so got myself a new tyre!

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 07 November 2010, 16:37 »
Got myself some new headlight bulbs this week and got them fitted today. Got these for the dipped beam:

Pretty dissapointed with how they look tbh... still quite yellow. Still need to test them out in the dark though. Also got some ebay LED sidelights which look spot on. Will try get pics later  :smiley:

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2010, 11:57 »
Purchased an Alpine double din headunit today. Going to have a go at fitting it later today  :smiley: more pics to follow.

Offline Mikesps

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2010, 15:52 »
Right got it fitted :smiley: first attempt and it wouldnt turn off when i took the key out of ignition. After coming back here and getting some help i changed over the red and yellow wires on the back and that sorted the problem. Im pretty pleased with it tbh i think it looks quite OEM.. heres the pics:

Also got a new pollen filter fitted today! was quite surprised how damp my old one was so hopefully it will stop my car getting condensation all over the inside of the windows. If not then im gonna have to search for a leak  :sad: