Author Topic: Scratched my Ed 30 whilst cleaning - advice needed !  (Read 1955 times)

Offline SO8

• GTI forum regular
 I need some advice !

Washed my 2 week old Edition 30 earlier .... and scraped the excess water off with one of those silicon/pastic blades - somehow leaving 3 scratch lines along the length of the bonnet Surprise

First of all I checked it was a scratch - which it was.  I then thought OK it can only be light as I'm really careful washing the car .... and a quick bit of Autoglym polish will get rid of them - but it didn't.

I then used Scratch X ..... which seemed to be a bit more successful but it is still a bit there - even after about 6 goes with it ! 

Do I persist using the Scratch X and take more time with that - or do I need to find someone with a Porter Cable / Meg 220 polisher ?

Will a PC get rid of the marks ?  They haven't gone through everything but are obviously quite deep ! 

Advice appreciated .....

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Scratched my Ed 30 whilst cleaning - advice needed !
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2008, 23:41 »
how deep? can you 'catch' your fingernail in them?

if not then they should polish out no problem... with a two week old car I would find yourself a decent detailer with a polisher... will be able to get a decent polish and wax going too which means that your car will be more protected

where are you based?

Offline Cornish Pixie

• Not said much yet
  • If I'm not on line I am polishing somebody's ride
Re: Scratched my Ed 30 whilst cleaning - advice needed !
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2008, 06:10 »
how deep? can you 'catch' your fingernail in them?

if not then they should polish out no problem... with a two week old car I would find yourself a decent detailer with a polisher... will be able to get a decent polish and wax going too which means that your car will be more protected

where are you based?

Spot on advice, if you can "catch" your thumb nail in them, then it is unlikey that you will completely remove them - You might however be able to lose a lot of them.

If you use a detailer, make sure they have a paint depth gauge as it sounds like there might be a fair bit of top coat to be removed.

Give me a shout if you are unsure and I will recommend somebody local to you. 
www.kcpv.co.uk
www.karlssoncollins.com

Professional Valeting And Detailing