Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626971 times)

Marshy

Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #850 on: 01 September 2013, 21:38 »
Today I fitted some super pro anti lift kit bushes and replaced the front bushes with super pro too.
First impressions are very good and gives the steering some extra weight.
I've not been happy with the handling of my mk6 and find it a little unsettled mid corner. Even when I ran h&r springs and dampers it was the same.
Going to do the track again tomorrow but it already feels much better.
Next I'm replacing my rear anti roll bar bushes, I was going to replace the bar with h&r but on standard suspension I'm hoping the bushes will help slightly.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #851 on: 01 September 2013, 22:46 »
Today I fitted some super pro anti lift kit bushes and replaced the front bushes with super pro too.
First impressions are very good and gives the steering some extra weight.
I've not been happy with the handling of my mk6 and find it a little unsettled mid corner. Even when I ran h&r springs and dampers it was the same.
Going to do the track again tomorrow but it already feels much better.
Next I'm replacing my rear anti roll bar bushes, I was going to replace the bar with h&r but on standard suspension I'm hoping the bushes will help slightly.

Getting the ARBs will make a huge difference, everyone say it the best handling mod you can do.

I spent hours looking into which one i want (hopefully next 2-3 months) and everyone is saying it is worth getting front and back done at the same time, costs a little more in labour but defo worth it.

Highly recommended : http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golfmk6/h-r-front-rear-anti-roll-bar-kit-fr-26-re-22mm-golf-vi-scirocco-typ-1k-10-08
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #852 on: 02 September 2013, 18:09 »
Took it in for its first service.  Just collected it and no issues  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #853 on: 03 September 2013, 14:00 »
contemplating putting the Ed35 back to Stage 1 and removing, intake, zorst and engine mounts for first round

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #854 on: 03 September 2013, 16:48 »
contemplating putting the Ed35 back to Stage 1 and removing, intake, zorst and engine mounts for first round

What exhaust and mounts you got?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #855 on: 03 September 2013, 18:11 »

You're only contemplating doing it and already the mod vultures are circling  :grin:

Why do you want to put it back to stage 1?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #856 on: 03 September 2013, 18:41 »
You're only contemplating doing it and already the mod vultures are circling  :grin:

Why do you want to put it back to stage 1?

fancy a bit less noise and a bit more refinement, i'd keep all the chassis stuff for the moment

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #857 on: 03 September 2013, 22:41 »
had the car in to get serviced today and investigate the dead battery i had last week

they did tests on the battery (as i did yesterday too) and found no fault and no error codes on the car and they cant explain why this happened. :undecided:

i will just have to see how it goes

they also forgot to change the cabin filter, which i guessed the might but i caught it and they gave me one to take home, which  fitted tonight

took the car for a blast up to hartside as it hasnt had a proper run in a while other than supermarkets etc

a good drive - really brought home how crap the brakes are though having been driving my clio alot recently

the GTI brakes are horrendous for a fast car.

washed (2nd time in 24 hours :shocked:), battery charged and put away as the clio is coming out to play now.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #858 on: 03 September 2013, 23:27 »
Now thats odd. No fault code logged for low voltage yet the  car acted like it had a flat battery. That does not make sense.
You dont think it could be the key immobiliser acting up and it was confused as a flat battery?
If the ignition switch or the key is playing silly bugg3r5 it will not start just click as you said.
Having similar issues with a mates clio at the moment infact  :grin:
Sometimes you have to take the key out of the ignition hold it away from the ignition near the swat etc and tey it again in a few seconds. Or use the spare key.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #859 on: 03 September 2013, 23:30 »
well the car wouldnt lock and he spare key didnt work

she also said the interior lights were flashing on and off and were really dull

havent got a clue what could have caused it
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver