Author Topic: mk4 gt tdi suspension problem?  (Read 544 times)

Offline Phil.O

• Here all the time
mk4 gt tdi suspension problem?
« on: 25 September 2007, 09:18 »
hi,

i'm not sure what is going on with my car at the moment, the front right corner of the car is sitting lower than the rest of the car and it's by quite a bit, also when i'm driving down bumpy roads it squeaks and knocks quite a lot, i'm guessing it's nothing to do with the suspension because the front shocks have just been replaced so it would have been picked up on, well hopefully

a similar thing happened on my 306 but i can't remember what it was or how i fixed it :(

anyone any ideas?
a work in progress......someday i might think i'm happy with a car....maybe

so far: 40mm Gmax lowering kit, upper and lower S3 strut braces, pipercross panel filter, Smoothed air box and 18" Audi R8 reps

Offline davy80

• Not said much yet
Re: mk4 gt tdi suspension problem?
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2007, 18:52 »
i had the same problem with mine, i replaced the bottom arms which helped a bit so doin the suspension as its still squeaking a bit. it could also be your strut tops. bottom arms are a cheap fix, 20 quid each. hope you get it sorted

Offline Phil.O

• Here all the time
Re: mk4 gt tdi suspension problem?
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2007, 11:42 »
if you're still having trouble i've found out that it's the anti-roll bar bushes, cause it to both squeak and knock, not sure about the sinking yet but might all be from the same thing
a work in progress......someday i might think i'm happy with a car....maybe

so far: 40mm Gmax lowering kit, upper and lower S3 strut braces, pipercross panel filter, Smoothed air box and 18" Audi R8 reps