Author Topic: installation help (pics inc)  (Read 2123 times)

Offline drakeuk

• Not said much yet
  • mk4 1.8 gti, 3 dr, black
installation help (pics inc)
« on: 20 June 2009, 09:22 »
hi guys, have just bought this stereo, its secondhand so came with no box or instructions so im a bit baffled, it is a blaupunkt mp68. has all wires connected and a blue parrot box. which says on it "universal radio mute" i have no idea what this is?
if you look at the pictures youll see another slot at the back of this which i have no connector for. what is it and where can i get one?
also youll see ive pointed out for wires, red, black, brown and white which are labelled line"-" or line"+". where do these go?
and finally theres a blue and yellow wire which you can see in the picture with bullet connectors on. the yellow on is labelled "mute in 2" but nothing on the blue, any helps guys. thanks

Offline Asbo Sovfinger

• GTI forum regular
  • I drink your milkshake!!
Re: installation help (pics inc)
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2009, 09:33 »
You might be best hunting down a PDF of instructions on the web.  I found a load of stuff for my audio that was all second hand without instructions quite easily.
'06 Ford Mondeo ST TDCi estate - Machine Silver with full leather Recaro interior (Black)

Offline drakeuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2009, 09:35 »
been on blaupunkt website but support site not working, is there any other sites where i could get this from

Offline Asbo Sovfinger

• GTI forum regular
'06 Ford Mondeo ST TDCi estate - Machine Silver with full leather Recaro interior (Black)

Offline drakeuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2009, 09:42 »
nice one, thankyou so much, will have a go later, if i get stuck ill give you a shout, cheers pal.

Offline Asbo Sovfinger

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2009, 09:56 »
Pleasure - to be honest like the smug feeling of finding stuff on the net.  Shame it's usually for other people LOL

Hope it works buddy, good luck.

Offline wampablo

• Here all the time
  • 2nd mk4
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2009, 18:03 »
im not sure but i dont think that the parrot part you have there is spose to be with the head unit mate they are normally a stand alone phone kit. what you should have is just the wires that go into the back of the radio that then would be plugged into the parrot kit via the iso`s. what car is it going into ? if its a mk1/2 the the head unit should just plug in and away you go ditch the parrot part its not needed