Author Topic: Which Wires Where? :S  (Read 1508 times)

Offline jonnyb

• Here all the time
Which Wires Where? :S
« on: 14 June 2009, 12:56 »
Ive just bought a cd player to fit into my mk3 and all was well, got it in, then realised that the left and rear speakers weren't working, so took it back out and found half the wires had come out of their fixings.  Decided to start from scratch following a wiring guide online, didnt work and had no sound lol.

Anyway ive got a few pics to show, the wires coming from my mk3 and the wires that connect to the cd player.

If anyone could tell me which colour to which colour, that would be great.  Anyway here is the bit which i connect to the cd player:

colours are: (from left to right) green, green black, purple, purple black, black, red yellow, blue white, tan, grey, grey black, white, whiteblack.

The next two pictures are the colours from my mk3, split into two different "looms":

colours: (top to bottom) black, tan white, red white, black tan, red green, blue green, tan blue, tan red.

colours: (top to bottom) brown white (although has a white-red end :S) blue white, red white, grey blue, thick tan.

Again thanks for any help,

jonnyb

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
Re: Which Wires Where? :S
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2009, 13:51 »
Couldn't tell you on the mk3 wiring but cd wise the green's purple's, greys and whites are your speakers. I use a 9v battery to battery pop the speakers and figure which is which after finding the power and earths with a multimeter :)

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline jonnyb

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2009, 17:31 »
Not only do i not know which speakers i which, im not sure i know how to get my cd player wired back in, i.e. getting power to it.

Should there be some wires which i dont need to use?

Offline troublestarter

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2009, 09:18 »
here you go

1995 Volkswagen Golf III Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Red/White 
Switched 12V+ Orange 
Ground Brown 
Illumination Gray/Blue 
Dimmer n/a 
Antenna Left Front 
Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) Blue/Black 
Left Front (-) Orange/Black 
Right Front (+) Red/White 
Right Front (-) Orange/White 
Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Door
Left Rear (+) Red/Light Green 
Left Rear (-) Orange/Black 
Right Rear (+) Blue/Light Green 
Right Rear (-) Orange/Red 

the h/u loom wiring is as follows
yellow =12v+
red = ignition live
black = earth
blue = remote out
orange = illumination

white = front left speaker +
white/black = front left speaker -
grey = front right +
grey/black = front right -
green = rear left +
green/black rear left -
purple = rear right +
purple/black = rear right -

www.awesomeautomotive.co.uk<br />mobile vehicle security & audio fitting service<br />insurance accredited

Offline wampablo

• Here all the time
  • 2nd mk4
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2009, 11:27 »
if i was you mate id think about getting rid of the connector block !! i smell bbq golf coming on

Offline jonnyb

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2009, 11:38 »
How else do I connect everything up if I were to get rid o the connecting block? Btw I've managed to get my speakers back altho front left isn't working. I suspect this was disconnected when I pushed in the HU. There seems very limited room in the HU slot :(

Offline wampablo

• Here all the time
  • 2nd mk4
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2009, 16:30 »
are you still at uni in leamington ? im in banbury give me a shout if you are and nip over one weekend and ill sort it out for you all for the princely some of a beer