Author Topic: "Is the VW Golf R the new Cosworth?"  (Read 2372 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: "Is the VW Golf R the new Cosworth?"
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2019, 17:14 »
After past experience, I wouldn’t own any performance Golf without a garage. I know I’m lucky to have somewhere to park the car at night though and not everyone has that option.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2019, 17:39 »
I don't know what the figures are but it might be something to do with the number of Rs on the road. There seems to be quite a few. Certainly appear to be more common than GTIs.

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2019, 11:34 »
Now I know why I garage my golf every night I even park the wife’s car in front of the garage door as well

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2019, 08:59 »
I don't know what the figures are but it might be something to do with the number of Rs on the road. There seems to be quite a few. Certainly appear to be more common than GTIs.

R's are favoured by the thieves as they are fast and 4wd. So much more of a target than a GTI.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 19 November 2019, 07:35 »
Had my first mk7 Gti for 4 years with no issues, got an R and within 4 months we had an attempt to take it 2 scumbags trying to kick the front door in after failing to get access at the rear(we were in the house at the time).

Back in a GTi again and all is quiet.