Author Topic: Finally finished it!!!  (Read 1567 times)

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
Finally finished it!!!
« on: 01 May 2008, 15:19 »
i dont know if anyone else has had problems, but fitting my I.K was a right pain in the arse. the main problem was i was trying to join two 100mm pipes with a 90mm bit of samco. many many many cuts and briuses later, i finally got the sh!t over both ends and secured it down, and i even managed to get a big ass cold air feed down the side of the battery and down behind the headlight to the bumper. anyway, here's the finished product   :smug:

Edit: lol @ bastard   (b@$tard)

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
Re: Finally finished it!!!
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2008, 15:24 »
looks good!

you happy with the enhanced noise and response?

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2008, 22:10 »
yeah feels rly good driving and its turnin heads with the noise  :wink:
only now im more inclined to plant my foot so my mpg has suffered  :embarassed:

Offline Jonnys07

• GTI forum regular
  • GTi Anniversary 180bhp - Milltek Coming Soon!!
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2008, 16:15 »
Just wondering if anyone else has fitted a CDA? I fitted mine to my Anni and it went straight on. Can you explain why u needed the 90mm piece of hose? Mine came with a connector the same as the standard air filter which I just took off and replaced with the CDA. Glad to see you routed the HUGE width of the tubing down the side of the battery aswell lol

Thanks, Jon

Offline m9olo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2008, 16:20 »
Looks good mate. Where abouts did you get the BMC CDA from?

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2008, 17:01 »
what sort of noise does it make?
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2008, 17:38 »
from ebay, i got the part number off the bmc site. its a nice throaty noise, quite deep at full throttle. any way i cn make a recording? :huh:

Just wondering if anyone else has fitted a CDA? I fitted mine to my Anni and it went straight on. Can you explain why u needed the 90mm piece of hose? Mine came with a connector the same as the standard air filter which I just took off and replaced with the CDA. Glad to see you routed the HUGE width of the tubing down the side of the battery aswell lol

Thanks, Jon

i must have had a different reducer to you or something, the actual bmc was about 110mm and the reducer put it to 10mm, i needed a 100mm samco tube but only had a 90mm to make do  with lol

Offline mk4Martin

• Here all the time
  • Midlands VW
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2008, 19:18 »
has it increased the noise of your DV?

Offline _Adam_

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2008, 01:13 »
i had a replica 007 on before i changed the IK, then i put the forge split r on the day after but yeah it made it a hell of alot louder with the re-circ alone. the atmospheric noise isnt 'loud' but you can hear it outside the car if i drive past

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2009, 11:34 »
I got a BMC carbon box, came with the car, where did you route the feed pipe to on the car as it is something i am looking to sort out at the moment
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.