Author Topic: pd 150 GT TDI  (Read 2860 times)

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
pd 150 GT TDI
« on: 04 June 2007, 13:03 »
my mummy's after one.. looking about the 7-8k mark, pref low miles (under 60k)
with as many extras as possible,
Aircon and alloys are a MUST
is this out of her league? please prove me correct! as my dad says no way! (autotrader initially proved him wrong)

what standard spec would the gt tdi 150 have? whats insurance like?

i've tried search but no luck.

Thanks for your help, any info appreciatedon buying tips.. or link to a thread if there is one!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: pd 150 GT TDI
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2007, 13:09 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=38557.0

went straight past it!!

Definietely check for clutch slipping upon test driving as the OEM clutch tends not to be able to stand up to the torque

Have the window clips been replaced for metal ones; chances are they may have them anyway but always worth checking

As for kit; pretty much the same as a GTI so air con, electric windows, Gamma stereo

think you'll struggle to find a really decent one with less than 60K for that amount but certainly higher mileage ones are around.  Make sure its been regularly serviced etc.  Engines are pretty bullit proof if maintained properly.

Insurance is group 13 but i always though it was 15  :undecided: so went for the 130 instead :afro:

If you're struggling to find a 150 the 130 is just as good  :smiley: :wink: (awaits comments!! :laugh:)

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2007, 13:13 »
 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

the cab is a group 15 FFS

THANKYOU! (yes mi an idiot!)

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2007, 13:27 »
Aircon and alloys are a MUST

you should get 16's on the 150 and manual aircon is standard on the GT / GTI range so you're sorted there!

if you're looking at car's over 60K make sure the cam belts been done, or use it to knock £'s of the price

i expect for that sort of money you're going to be looking at mileage 60k+ or basic spec.

most of the 150's normally come with a few options are the people buying them new had fair bit of cash to splash, but you'll probably want to consider looking at above 60k for that money, or spending bit more  :wink:

like Rhyso says, the 130 is not only cheaper on insurance but you'll be able to pick up a really well spec'd one for 7-8, in terms of performance you're only looking at 20 less bhp and different suspension, which you'll have the option to upgrade.

finding one for that money isn't going to be imposable , but you might be searching for a while to find a high spec for 7-8

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2007, 13:30 »
I found an 2003 GT TDI 150 on AT for £7,450. 53K and all the kit you want on it. It even has the GTi on the back so you won't know its a diesel untill you stand next to it and realise it sounds like a black cab. (No offence diesel people, but its true)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2007, 14:15 »
I found an 2003 GT TDI 150 on AT for £7,450. 53K and all the kit you want on it. It even has the GTi on the back so you won't know its a diesel untill you stand next to it and realise it sounds like a black cab. (No offence diesel people, but its true)

and it leaves you petrol powered GTI's behind in thick cloud of black smoke!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2007, 14:18 »
lol :grin:

I knew this was coming, its just personal choice. At the end of the day everyones a winner baby, thats the truth.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #7 on: 04 June 2007, 14:22 »
lol :grin:

I knew this was coming, its just personal choice. At the end of the day everyones a winner baby, thats the truth.

lol  :grin: :grin: couldn't resist mate  :tongue:

at least we have seen the light and not driving around in useless French and Jap boxes  :laugh: :laugh:

VeeDubs rule  :cool:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #8 on: 04 June 2007, 14:29 »
As soon I saw you had replied I knew what the content of the reply was going to be  :laugh:

We are all on the same team :kiss:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #9 on: 04 June 2007, 14:33 »
As soon I saw you had replied I knew what the content of the reply was going to be  :laugh:

We are all on the same team :kiss:

god am i that predictable  :rolleyes:  :grin:  :tongue:

just trying to keep things lively and it makes a change from answering questions about remaps etc!