Author Topic: speakers....  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Zime

• Not said much yet
speakers....
« on: 03 January 2004, 13:45 »
Only had my golf for about a month and am just getting around to fixing some of the small but annoying problems that were on the car when i brought it, the n/s/f speaker sounds like the cone it well and truley shagged..... i priced up a new speaker from vw and they want ?30 now i know there not the greatest speakers in the world but sound pretty sweet for standard, is it worth spending ?30 to get a replacement or am i better of spending my money on some aftermarket ones? what size are they 5" or 6"???

cheers..
chad...

kniterider

Re:speakers....
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2004, 15:51 »
take your door panel off matey and have a look!!! it only takes a second!!! you need a torx driver and a phillips screwdriver and shes off then measure em!!!! :P

Offline nrgizerbunny

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2004, 16:29 »
Remember to lift the panel upwards! the local trainee plank at grimsby forgot and snapped my trim.

sanj

kniterider

« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2004, 22:27 »
thought that was something anybody would have sussed out!!!! but then ive had a bad dealings with grimsby vw in the past!! wouldnt go near em if you paid me!!!!

Offline Zime

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2004, 00:28 »
take your door panel off matey and have a look!!! it only takes a second!!! you need a torx driver and a phillips screwdriver and shes off then measure em!!!! :P

was my next plan was hoping someone had worked on them before and knew what size i was looking at,  so i could price up after market replacements....so i guess its time to get out the tool box and whip the door panel off and have a look.....

Offline nrgizerbunny

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2004, 10:42 »
if you go in to halfords, and have a look in the ice section, if you find a pioneer catalogue they have the sizes of almost every car in them.

sanj