Author Topic: GTI Turbo misfire issues  (Read 8676 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: GTI Turbo misfire issues
« Reply #20 on: 24 September 2010, 12:56 »
They put it back together and said the ignition amp was at fault.

But have now tried a live feed from the ecu pos trigger and it is still misfiring now saying it's the ecu so basically they have f**ked the car on me by messing

Fook  :angry: :angry: :angry:

They can fit a new one F.O.C then.

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline zorg86

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2010, 12:59 »
Do you think they are to blame then? There saying ecu is going to have to be sent off. I'm fuming and don't really know where to turn

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #22 on: 24 September 2010, 13:01 »
Do you think they are to blame then? There saying ecu is going to have to be sent off. I'm fuming and don't really know where to turn

Yeah i think so - it is hard to prove though  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tell them that as the amp was at fault and as they have admitted this there is NO WAY you are paying for the repair to the ECU! 

Offline zorg86

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2010, 13:09 »
Suppose you may be right so taking the wires off can damage the ecu basically, and I will just have go see them I'm not going get my cat back any faster

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #24 on: 24 September 2010, 13:13 »
Suppose you may be right so taking the wires off can damage the ecu basically, and I will just have go see them I'm not going get my cat back any faster

Stick with it don't pay a thing for their incompetence !!

Keep us updated  :smiley:

Offline zorg86

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 24 September 2010, 13:28 »
Is there anyway to reset the ecu to hopefully pick back old settings or is it a case they just f**ked something up?

Offline zorg86

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 29 September 2010, 21:09 »
Hello to everyone who posted on my thread now an UPDATE!!!!

Got car back today all sorted so I'm a happy guy :)

Bit of a breakdown here the ecu had no live feed after by passing it to cylinder 3. So I got the ecu from the garage took it to Camco in Warrington on Friday they rung yesterday with nothing up with the ecu.
So the garage fitted and hey presto car works, we think camco must cleaned the terminals and possible reset software (which I think they have as I had a remap and car seems much slower gutted)

But also had the new ignition amp fitted and oil and filter change it runs better than before just slower but thanks guys for all your help I think it had a problem with ignition amp also but all I can say is I am happy now hav car back cheers for the help...

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #27 on: 29 September 2010, 21:27 »
At least it fixed  :cool:

Offline apples24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 16 March 2011, 18:38 »
would a 51 plate have this ign amp?

i ask as my 1.8t has a very slight miss on idle never bothered me but now im selling it soon i best get it sorted, i was going to go down the usual coil pack route and buy one and try on each cylinder till sorts it, i know they are common as hell, i will plug my code reader in and see what comes up but the cars been with my mum for the last 6 months getting it back next week hopefully.

i seem to remember bypassing the n249 valve or something like that the other year, anyway to test coilpacks or ign amp with a meter etc?

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #29 on: 16 March 2011, 19:41 »
would a 51 plate have this ign amp?

i ask as my 1.8t has a very slight miss on idle never bothered me but now im selling it soon i best get it sorted, i was going to go down the usual coil pack route and buy one and try on each cylinder till sorts it, i know they are common as hell, i will plug my code reader in and see what comes up but the cars been with my mum for the last 6 months getting it back next week hopefully.

i seem to remember bypassing the n249 valve or something like that the other year, anyway to test coilpacks or ign amp with a meter etc?

Doubt it which engine code? Im sure yours will be AUM which wont have an amp - AGU  have them  :smiley:

Boost leak  :undecided: