Author Topic: joe... project passrat/p!ssat/pishat  (Read 11690 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
joe... project passrat/p!ssat/pishat
« on: 17 March 2008, 13:49 »
 :cool:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
Re: joe... project passrat/p!ssat/pishat
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2008, 19:26 »
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

well i bought this passat as a cheap old run about. i wanted an estate as i need to cart alot of stuff about so this is practical. after deciding i wanted one i quickly found this, at first assuming it was grey from the pics i'd seen. but no, its actually jade green, not the nicest colour in the world but passable.

its a passat GT, which is a sporty one, basicly it has a pb digifant engine. not as fast as the 16v passats but alot more economical. its also an engine i'm very familiar with so i assumed it should be pretty easy.
after driving it home i realised it was actually an awesome car! so much room in the back, electric windows, mirrors and tilt/slide sunroof and generally good spec. i kinda knew i would have to slam the hell out of it before i even bought it so quickly started making plans (so much for a bog standard daily driver).

even though this was going to be a cheap ass car i still wnated to do stuff to it. however i decided i was going to be as sensible as possible and do things as and when i could afford it.

here it is as was advertised:

when i got it home:

then the tyres were shagged on the original 14" alloys that came with the car so i some how managed to sell them and fitted some wanky team dynamics that i had laying about. they sucked but the tyres were good.

pretty soon after i got this it was gti international so i bought some pressed metal plates, surrounds and started to smarten it up a bit.

more to follow.............
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2008, 17:00 »
well i'm pretty bad at updating this thing. next on the list was to put a bit of a twist on the barge. i decided to chequer the roof and this extended to the front end as well. it took me a while but was pretty easy and the end result was a bit nuts:

i also painted the wheels satin black to hide how sh!te they were!

then tinted the taillights all red with a little cut out for the reverse light:

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2008, 17:04 »
that was how it rolled for a while, did me proud at bugjam, carried all my junk, big enough for us to chill out in and i even set up kitchen in the back to cook up some food and tea!

also got bored of the chequers, they were a bastard to remove but were fun while they lasted.... tempted to do the whole roof black with some vinyl now?

then after waiting for ages my coilovers finally arrived. they messed up and were meant to be sending me some FK AK's but they got sold and then were out of stock so after some badgering i got sent some highsports for the same price! result!
so i went down to g-werks to fit them up, good job i did as the old shocks and springs were absolutely knackered! got new top mounts as well and it really tightened up the front end.
while at g-werks we decided those team dynamics sucked too much so we swapped them for a set of estorils:

« Last Edit: 18 May 2008, 11:48 by ...joe »

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2008, 11:46 »
right... so i always planned to smarten this up a bit. being a trimmer i thought it only fair that i have some leather. time and money meant it would be done as and when i had a surplus of both. then while browsing ebay i found a leather interior out of one fo the few g60 passats and ended up winning it. the following weekend i stripped down the passat to just a drivers seat and set off to northampton to collect it. its quite funny being in such a big space with only one seat!
anyway the interior was cool, fitted it outside the guys house and went on my merry way.
being from slightly later car, the electric window switches were a bit different and the rears were windy's so i had to do some cutting. clever old vw helpfully had marks on the back of the door cards for where things were meant to go!

pics:

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2008, 11:56 »
also as the headlining was falling down i decided some grey alcantara would be good to replace the crappy grey cloth:

also managed to find a leather VW steering wheel, to continue the theme. this is pretty much how it stayed for a while. so far the car has been excellent, doing the job it was bought for and with only minimal maintenance.
mind you it did have a running nightmare, like it was not timed up properly?! eventually after it doing my head in, it turned ou to be the key way on the crank pulley had sheared, and it was slipping ever so slightly. luckily a replacement was found and its been cool ever since.

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk