Author Topic: Project caddy  (Read 17433 times)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Project caddy
« on: 26 April 2011, 22:01 »
Me and my dad have always fancied a caddy and been looking around and finally found this little gem which we got between us as a little project and just cause we wanted one really  :grin: Its a 2001 x-plate 1 owner from new and apart from a few minor bits its in very good condition.Its the SDi version and although its not the Tdi model it still drives very well and its pretty nippy round town so suits us fine.It needs a couple of wheel bearings,2 tyres needed replacing,naff steel wheels painted black and the odd spot of rust and thats it really.Things we have replaced on it since we got it are as follows

New set of wheels G60 steels with good tyres all round
Binned the front seats and replaced them with some Seat Gti 16v items bought for £30 bargain
Mk4 Golf Gear knob and Gator.
New Sony head unit.

Not loads I know but its a start  :grin: things we have planned

Fitting rear seats with seat belts will be the rear bench we got with the Seat trim
Front coilovers
Flip the rear axel so shes closer to the floor
Clear side repeaters and indicators
All red rears
Roof bars
and have to see after that  :grin: few piccys :wink:

Golf Gti

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
Re: Project caddy
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2011, 22:03 »
Aha! White van man! I see it comes with the obligatory can in the cup holder  :grin:

Looking good already  :cool:

Graphics?

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2011, 01:13 »
Thanks mate I really like that cup holder as I havet got one in my mk3  :grin: Took it on its first mission yesterday Bradford and back 270 mile put some of the expensive deisel in it got me there and back for £30 at a staedy 80-85 mph sweet as a nut  :smiley: Its going in tuesday or wednesday to be hit with the lowering stick and rear seats fitted Ive bought some type of blocks for the rear end and still looking for coilovers if that fails ill go with springs as im not going stupid low this is going to be used for moving my bits about and other things.Piccys to follow once shes lowered  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2011, 20:48 »
Finally got the back flipped I didnt do it myself my friend carried out the job and it was the first time he had done one took at least 3 to 4 hours to do it but it looks so much better.Its kinda reverse rake at the min as I havent got hold of any front coilovers so now the backs down the ill be getting the fronts quicker  :grin: Back seats also fited again a fair bit of work required just got to fit the seat belts and jobs done.Sorry for the poor piccy quality but im sure you get the idea  :wink:

Looking at lot lower on the rear

Back seats in  :smiley:
Golf Gti

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2011, 20:50 »
Cracking project. :afro:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2011, 20:58 »
Cheers wayne just pretty limited to what to do to it as its a van but I must admit once the front ends down it will look awsome those pictures dont really do any of the work done justice the back seats were not easy as nothing could be welded due to how thin the metal is in the back.Ill get some better pictures up tomorrow in the light thxs again  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2011, 10:49 »
looking forward to some better pics.

just gone halves on a caddy with a friend. its a 99 sdi, bit rough and seat front end but cheap enough. currently looking into an alternative way to lowering as the axle flip is a fixed 4" (or lover with blocks once flipped i guess). my mate isnt keen on lowering it but they sit soo high!  have you seen the plated you can get that fit betweent he rear axle and the rear hubs? they allow the hubs to be located higher, thus lowering the back end

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2011, 21:52 »
looking forward to some better pics.

just gone halves on a caddy with a friend. its a 99 sdi, bit rough and seat front end but cheap enough. currently looking into an alternative way to lowering as the axle flip is a fixed 4" (or lover with blocks once flipped i guess). my mate isnt keen on lowering it but they sit soo high!  have you seen the plated you can get that fit betweent he rear axle and the rear hubs? they allow the hubs to be located higher, thus lowering the back end

Cheers mate im working away at the moment bu the van is now fully lowered all round as in finally got some front coilovers I havent actually seen it in the flesh as yet as Im away but seen some pics and it looks really cool.I bought the plates that your talking about thats whats fitted to mine and I also have the blocks but didnt use them so if you want some Ive got some for sale  :wink: thanks again and piccys next week when im home  :smiley:
Golf Gti

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2011, 12:59 »
if the plates are available i could be interested, can you pm me a price and could you post them out?

look forward to slammed pics

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2011, 22:25 »
Ive always liked a slammed Caddy, there are some proper sick ones in the latest edition of Performance VW.