Author Topic: 2018 GTI PP Isaac Blue 7.5 3 door .. GTechniq treatments completed  (Read 9031 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
Re: 2018 Isaac Blue 7.5 3 door .. back in the GTI World
« Reply #20 on: 06 February 2019, 20:11 »
This - https://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-exterior/wash/race-glaze-maxi-water-filter-large-25litre/

Swear by it. Worth it’s weight in gold. In particular hard water areas.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 20:35 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 06 February 2019, 20:47 »
I may wash less frequently until the paint hardens.
It’s a great colour though, and a brilliant car!

I’m not sure the paint will get any harder?

Are you using a snow foam or citrus pre wash?

I’m not- i’ve thought about snow foam, perhaps I should.
There isn’t anything visible on first look, I just don’t don’t want things to get worse.
What is a citrus pre wash?

The idea of using a snow foam and optionally a citrus based pre wash as well is to loosen and lift most of the dirt before you touch the car. Touching a dirty car with a wash mitt will create swirls (not as much obviously as a closed cell sponge) but snow foaming a car with a good sealant on means the wash mitt part is not really picking up much dirt at all - crucial at this time of year as the car is halfway to been clean already after a powerwash rinse.

Thanks for the explanation, Jim.
I’ll start snow foam, before I cause any real damage.
I hope this isn’t the start of a slippery slope, there’s no limit to what can be done to keep the car pristine!
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 06 February 2019, 21:47 »
This - https://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-exterior/wash/race-glaze-maxi-water-filter-large-25litre/

Swear by it. Worth it’s weight in gold. In particular hard water areas.

Wow, that's pricey  :shocked:

If you really need a water filter - https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/aqua-gleam/30ppm-de-ionising-water-filter-12.aspx

RaceGlaze is better than the AquaGleam. 0ppm vs 30ppm and the resin lasts longer too. A must in my area otherwise the car looks like it’s been washed in water and flour!
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #24 on: 07 February 2019, 19:32 »
9 years of dark Shadow blue = no issues = Valet pro snow foam + dodo born to be mild.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2019, 12:05 »
most of my self-inflicted swirls/holograms have happened during the drying process.
This. On cars that do not have any protection on them, this is where the vast majority of the swirling takes place, even if you use a really soft drying towel. You can snow-foam, prewash etc etc, but if you're lazy and/or don't have the time to stand in your driveway for half a day, just get the car and wheels ceramic coated and then when you maintenance wash it the dirt and water just glides off.

My routine and stuff, there's really no need to spend lots:
1. Power jet-wash to lift the dirt and get rid of the surface debris.
2. '2-bucket' wash with PH neutral shampoo, and wash-mits.
3. Slow/Flood jet-wash rinse
4. Dry what water is left (normally very little) with a large drying towel that has some of THIS sprayed onto/into it to ensure the ceramic coating stays in its best possible form.

:)
« Last Edit: 08 February 2019, 12:16 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 08 February 2019, 13:40 »
Yes, a poor drying technique can inflict damage. I like to minimise contact with the paintwork during the drying stage.

I’ve got a warm air dryer that I use to blow the final rinse water off the car. If the car is well protected, blowing off what rinse water is left leaves very few droplets to pat dry with a good quality absorbent drying towel. A warm air dryer is also very good at removing the water from all those annoying water traps too, some of which can continue to drip for some time after you’ve finished drying the car (door mirror housings, grilles, door handles, window rubbers, wheel bolt holes etc.).
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 08 February 2019, 14:10 »
Yes, a poor drying technique can inflict damage. I like to minimise contact with the paintwork during the drying stage.

I’ve got a warm air dryer that I use to blow the final rinse water off the car. If the car is well protected, blowing off what rinse water is left leaves very few droplets to pat dry with a good quality absorbent drying towel. A warm air dryer is also very good at removing the water from all those annoying water traps too, some of which can continue to drip for some time after you’ve finished drying the car (door mirror housings, grilles, door handles, window rubbers, wheel bolt holes etc.).

Yes, should have mentioned drying as well. If anyone is still using a Chamois leather - please immediately go and put it in the bin!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2019, 14:32 »
Using microfibre towel. Just picking up some turtle wax snow foam now!
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Cardy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2019, 19:44 »
Sounds a great choice look forward to seeing some pics mate