Author Topic: new product TCU+ Gearbox Flash tool  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
new product TCU+ Gearbox Flash tool
« on: 13 September 2018, 14:20 »
Hi Guys,

not been on for a while, but thought it was about time I posted details about a new item we're going to be adding to our website.

NEW PRODUCT: TCU+ GEARBOX FLASH TOOL

Gearbox Tuning for automatic geared vehicles, tiptronic, and paddle shift vehicles!
New product alert – Automatic Gearbox TCU+ Flash
✅ Upto 40% Faster Gearshifts – enhances the performance of your car and gearbox by increasing torque limits and altering the gearbox TCU settings

✅ Suitable for automatic vehicles, tiptronic and paddle shift equipped vehicles

✅ Easy to install – Plug in to your OBD port and installation takes less than 5 minutes

We are currently offering up to 20% off the RRP (£359-£599 depending on the vehicle) before they’re officially added to our website. for more information and to check availability  please send an email to
Support@dtuk-performance.co.uk or give us a call on 01207 299538

Gearbox Tuning for automatic geared vehicles, tiptronic, and paddle shift vehicles!The TCU+ flash provides gearbox tuning to increase the performance and drivability of any automatic geared vehicle.

No PC, laptop or internet connection required, simply plug in through the vehicle diagnostic port (OBD).

Enhances the performance of your engine & gearbox by increasing torque limits and altering the gearbox TCU settings.

The device uploads the new settings within 30-90 seconds and will not add a count to the ECU flash counter, programming is started and completed with audible beep sounds and an LED, it is also not dealer traceable.

Can be used as many times as required on the first vehicle its connected to, if the dealer flashes new software to the car during a service you can simply reuse the device again.

we've set up a WhatsApp group of customers who are using the TCU+ Flash, and for anyone thats interested and wants to ask users for their feedback

https://chat.whatsapp.com/61IAjXjGfY8EMsR1oGrJVN

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/tcu-gearbox-flash-tool/

Customer feedback

From Audi-Sport.net

Member name – cuke2u –

Vehicle – Audi A4 B9 2.0 2.0tfsi 190ps 7speed S-tronic

I received my TCU+ Tune from DTUK today and will install it to use this week. I have not purchased the device to eliminate any lag, or to improve the gearchanges, as I’ve been happy the way they are, but to go with my tuning box. I am hoping it will allow for the increase in power and torque the box gives to be implemented upon better.

On my short urban drive to work I have noticed a difference immediately despite the gearbox still having to relearn. Much better in traffic, smoother and less ‘snappy’ or jerky. Also the gear changes are nearly unperceivable and I found myself looking at the gear indicator to see which gear it was in.
More to follow, have to try all the modes and manually using the box…

Whoa, sport mode is bit feisty…

More to follow..

————————-

Michael in the USA – Customer with 2018 Audi S5 – WhatsApp group

Installed TCU upgrade this morning. What a difference. Pulls harder in low gears, dead spots gone, shifts way smoother on harder acceleration.

——————-

David in the UK – Customer with 2018 Audi S3 2.0 TFSI 310PS S-tronic

Yeah have to agree. Pulls harder, gear changes better,  Launches are f**king quick! jolts my head right back and just trying to work out of the box and Bluetooth will give me a time! .

Just got home and it does really complement the box. Did a good handful of launches and it’s really quick, scary quick. Feels like the box has grown in power! Feels like there is Much more torque. Manual for me is most impressive, sadly i just kept running out of road! The car just kept pulling and pulling the only thing I would say A few gear changes were still laggey going from 1-2-3 but mainly from a standing start. Once rolling didn’t have any issues

“4th is now like another 3rd”

———————-

Adrian in the UK – Customer with a 2018 B9 S4 3.0 TFSI 354PS S-tronic

Flashed yesterday afternoon – did over 300 trouble free, fun and enjoyable miles today – with some very smooth and quick gear changes, noticeably less lag and generally a gearbox behaving and feeling like it really should do. No downsides noticed – and on a good (efficiency and ACC) 70mph run on the M4 was seeing 40+MPG. Thanks!

———————–

Francis in Canada, another customer with a 2017 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI 354PS S-tronic

OMG !!! Guys if tou have a dtuk modul for the motor you need the flash for the gearbox !!! It’s fantastic.. Best $$$ spend on my car
« Last Edit: 13 September 2018, 14:38 by Andrew@DTUK »
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: new product TCU+ Gearbox Flash tool
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2018, 13:18 »
Ordered  :cool:

Should receive it tomorrow, Adam has been very helpful!!

Thanks Andrew
« Last Edit: 14 September 2018, 13:20 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2018, 19:01 »
Ordered  :cool:

Should receive it tomorrow, Adam has been very helpful!!

Thanks Andrew

Not sure on this, seems a rip off price.? Even discounted especially when my R seems fine Dsg wise smooth changes etc. I’ll give it an rt for cost. And free report on every forum  :smiley:
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2018, 20:19 »
Same here, with the 7 speed DSG I’m doubtful would be much improvements, especially not £400’s worth!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2018, 15:03 »
7 Speed Audi S3 owner..

David in the UK – Customer with 2018 Audi S3 2.0 TFSI 310PS S-tronic

Yeah have to agree. Pulls harder, gear changes better,  Launches are f**king quick! jolts my head right back and just trying to work out of the box and Bluetooth will give me a time! .

Just got home and it does really complement the box. Did a good handful of launches and it’s really quick, scary quick. Feels like the box has grown in power! Feels like there is Much more torque. Manual for me is most impressive, sadly i just kept running out of road! The car just kept pulling and pulling the only thing I would say A few gear changes were still laggey going from 1-2-3 but mainly from a standing start. Once rolling didn’t have any issues

“4th is now like another 3rd”

----

Tim in the UK with an Audi S5  3.0 TFSI 354PS - 8 Speed ZF gearbox

Ok Gents I just went for a brisk 20 mile drive on some fast A roads. I’ll reserve writing a full review until I’ve done a few hundred miles but I will say of the 5000 miles I’ve put on my car from new I think the last 20 I just did were the most enjoyable. I test drove a new Panamera 4S recently which ironically basically has the same 2.9L V6 engine in as the B9 S4/5 and my gearbox now feels and behaves like it did in the Porsche. Manual is now completely sublime, you can feel the extra torque in all driving modes and the changes are smoother both at low speed and when pressing on. I’ll report back again when I’ve done some more mileage but initial impressions are if you’re sitting on the fence about this don’t, just do it.

I have a feeling that this item will be a bit like Pedalbox, when we first launched this people were sceptical but even ive been surprised at the feedback weve been receiving.

But I suppose time will tell :)
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2018, 12:00 »
Same here, with the 7 speed DSG I’m doubtful would be much improvements, especially not £400’s worth!

Not sure on this, seems a rip off price.? Even discounted especially when my R seems fine Dsg wise smooth changes etc. I’ll give it an rt for cost. And free report on every forum  :smiley:

Having no experience with DSG's other than short spells in hire cars and being unimpressed I can well imagine that the TCU would actually be similar to a pedal box in terms of gearbox response times, but more importantly for those that enjoy driving I'd imagine the shift points could be altered in Drive mode so they were at a more realistic point than the current (false)economy based set up and earlier than in Sport where it just needlessly screams the engine revs.

If I had a DSG I'd be trying one out and i'm not easily pleased!  :laugh:

In terms of modified cars then I'd say one of these would be essential as the increased clamping would help with handling the extra torque and the quicker shift times would benefit the added power and torque being applied to the road.

Just my mildly informed opinion.  :wink:
I've been out in a remapped R with remapped DSG and was impressed.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2018, 19:31 »
some more feedback...

Barry in the UK with a VW Golf MK7.5 R 310PS

Golf R 7.5
Yeah, I would say it’s made a big difference to the car. The torque form the car is amazing. Gear shifts are defiantly quicker and the launch control am getting now is very impressive.
Probably the best thing I have done to the car yet I would say.
Andrew knows I like a moan if am not happy😜 but would defiantly recommend this product its a thumbs up from me

-------

Amir in the UK VW Golf MK7 300PS

My car: Mk7 R JB4 complete Stage 2.

So I tried the TCU chip yesterday and first impressions are good 👍

I’ll be waiting for the advised hard run in on 100 miles before I make my final conclusion.

Things I noticed so far:

Car definitely shifts much faster!
Can feel the torque even more.
Has drastically lessened the lag I’d get coming out of a side road full throttle onto a main road. The thing just flys now!!

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 21 September 2018, 09:40 »
Does anyone know if this is a insurance notifiable change?

I know its not more power, but neither is a pedal box...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 21 September 2018, 09:48 »
I would say yes as your making the car non standard. Just all depends if you want to tell the insurance company as a lot of people don't even declare the pedal box. I'm sure some know it all will be along soon to correct me  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 21 September 2018, 15:10 »
I would say yes as your making the car non standard. Just all depends if you want to tell the insurance company as a lot of people don't even declare the pedal box. I'm sure some know it all will be along soon to correct me  :whistle:

im not sure exactly how or what you could declare it as to be honest..