Author Topic: nurburgring trip  (Read 17739 times)

Offline Bush5480

• Not said much yet
  • Mk4 GOLF GTI 1.8T 280BHP 325Ftlb
nurburgring trip
« on: 13 February 2012, 19:02 »
any one fancy nurburgring this year.
me and a couple of friends, northeast thinking of making the trip.
 :grin:
Live fast Die young..

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: nurburgring trip
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2012, 22:47 »
Seems foolish unless it's for a track day out there, as it's exceedingly unlikely you will have insurance to cover you for Tourist Fahren.

Unless you're just going out there to watch people going round and round in front of you?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Bush5480

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2012, 16:36 »
 were going to look at some birds when we go to the nurburgring. thru a milk bottle, my god some people arent wired up rite, ov course were going to hit the track you plank,,  why else would would we drive across europe to the nurburgring,

howay mate get a grip,  :nerd:
Live fast Die young..

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2012, 17:07 »
You have no idea what you're doing, or that you're going to have no insurance cover, do you?

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2012, 20:21 »
there is one thing the people at the nurburgring are really really good at doing.

and thats chargeing like a wounded rhino, but not just any old wounded rhino mind, more like one thats been geniticaly modifyed to charge faster and further and harder than youd ever think  then fed some steroids and angry pills just to make sure.
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline Bush5480

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2012, 06:21 »
clearly you are on a different plannet,
how would you know if i have insurance or not you dont, how do you know that this hasent already been done by us before,,
you dont.
you think its some different planet and were travelling there on  a space ship,
jus because you have neve left your mams garden before ,, leave the the big boy trips and driving to us men..
  you just sit and play with your saxo,  listen it sounds just like a golf ha ha
Live fast Die young..

Offline tigerj360

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2012, 14:25 »
Not that I would have put it like above but how did you two decide he had no insurance and have no idea about a trip to the ring?  :laugh::grin:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2012, 23:51 »
Not that I would have put it like above but how did you two decide he had no insurance and have no idea about a trip to the ring?  :laugh::grin:

H'mmmm - tough one.

how would you know if i have insurance or not you dont, how do you know that this hasent already been done by us before,,
you dont.

I can take an educated guess.  Virtually all UK insurance policies have specific exclusions in them.  If they don't it is likely that they would allow you to claim and then come after you to claim the money back on the basis that you were on a 'prepared course'.

From your poor grasp of English I'd say you were young, not very well educated and if you have done this before you probably didn't have any insurance cover last time, either.

jus because you have neve left your mams garden before ,, leave the the big boy trips and driving to us men..

H'mmmmm, first went to the 'ring in 2002 in a MINI.  Been numerous times since, done around 100 laps, so I am still fairly inexperienced, but I have definitely left my 'mams garden'.

It's only about 4-6 hours from Calais, so it's not really a long haul trip, not even when I have my trailer on the back, towing my Golf.  Even little boys can do it, as demonstrated by their regular appearance in the barriers around the track.

Here's a video lap of my Golf on a track day, where the insurance problems (and filming ban) aren't an issue, unlike Touristfahren:

http://youtu.be/5xhcKBAQ5sg

Can't wait to see a video lap from your car. 

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2012, 19:24 »

H'mmmm - tough one.

you dont.

I can take an educated guess.  Virtually all UK insurance policies have specific exclusions in them.  If they don't it is likely that they would allow you to claim and then come after you to claim the money back on the basis that you were on a 'prepared course'.

From your poor grasp of English I'd say you were young, not very well educated and if you have done this before you probably didn't have any insurance cover last time, either.

H'mmmmm, first went to the 'ring in 2002 in a MINI.  Been numerous times since, done around 100 laps, so I am still fairly inexperienced, but I have definitely left my 'mams garden'.

It's only about 4-6 hours from Calais, so it's not really a long haul trip, not even when I have my trailer on the back, towing my Golf.  Even little boys can do it, as demonstrated by their regular appearance in the barriers around the track.

Here's a video lap of my Golf on a track day, where the insurance problems (and filming ban) aren't an issue, unlike Touristfahren:

http://youtu.be/5xhcKBAQ5sg

Can't wait to see a video lap from your car. 

touché.  :grin: :lipsrsealed:
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline westallc

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2012, 22:04 »
so what your saying is no one can go on the ring because we havent got insurance???

i would hazard a guess that a vast majority of people dont have insurance for uk trackdays either its not the most ideal thing but due to silly prices etc it made it go that way !!!

out of interest do you have insurance for your track days and ring trips?? if yes why not post up where from and how much to give others an idea of what it cost rather than just coming across as a warrior why no help ???

:laugh: